I'm A Little Worried

After 30 cruises I just booked my first one using a travel agent. They are a big agency that gets excellent reviews with BBB and Consumer Affairs.

I got my confirmation documentation today and they left off the "Jr" in my husband's name. I know that the Set Sail pass and passport must match exactly.

I called them and was told they no longer have enough space to add a suffix onto a name and it is not a problem. I am not so sure.....

I have two other cruises (I booked myself directly with the cruise line) and had no problem having Jr put in his name.

Now I am worried!! Wish I had just booked this one myself. Right now I am not sure the perks are worth the stress of losing control of my booking!!

Past final payment date so that's not an option.

I did call back and got another agent who promised to fix it and reissue the documents. I will give her a little while to do it and then if it doesn't happen I am going to call back and be "not so,nice".

If that doesn't work I will call Royal and ask for a three way conversation with the TA.

I have learned a valuable lesson. I am way too OCD to give up control of my booking ever again ..;p;p

After 30 cruises I just booked my first one using a travel agent. They are a big agency that gets excellent reviews with BBB and Consumer Affairs.

I got my confirmation documentation today and they left off the "Jr" in my husband's name. I know that the Set Sail pass and passport must match exactly.

I called them and was told they no longer have enough space to add a suffix onto a name and it is not a problem. I am not so sure.....

I have two other cruises (I booked myself directly with the cruise line) and had no problem having Jr put in his name.

Now I am worried!! Wish I had just booked this one myself. Right now I am not sure the perks are worth the stress of losing control of my booking!!

Call Royal or Crown and Anchor and see if they can do it for you. Most will give you the "you have to call the TA" line , but explain what happened and perhaps someone will help you.

See you on board soon!

We have had the same issue with DS and I. We have the same name expect he is II (didn't want a Jr). It's never been an issue and nobody has questioned it for us. In fact a few times he gets travel doc's listed as "Jr" and that hasn't been an issue either. Even the Army can't get it correct on most of his service records.

But my bigger concern is the TA telling you it can't be fixed. That's BS. Our TA has fixed stuff like that a few times and it's never been a big deal. Find a new TA it's worth it in the long run. That's why you use a TA to fix stuff like that or worse.

I'm as OCD as anybody and after +30 yrs with the same TA I have gotten over it.

My DH is a jr. And it is on his passport. Many times our cruise documents don't include the jr. I always tried to fix it in the beginning and now no longer bother. We have never had a problem in all our years of cruising. Now I'm not going to say don't fix it or that you won't have a problem, just wanted to let you know our experience with the same issue. YMMV

Mary Ann

RCI is not all that good at handling suffixes either. On one cruise the Jr. was dropped from my name on the reservation while my passport had it. It was not a huge deal at check-in but the person did have to go get a supervisor to do some sort of over ride.

It is not an issue. I had someone that had a "III" behind his name. I called Royal and they told me it was there in their system, but would not show on the reservation. He had no issues at all when they got to the port