Evening Menswear ?

FiggyWig

Ok fellow cruisers...yes I know the answers are already here but I'm searching on my mobile and trying (without luck) and need to get some answers in a hurry. I know how you all like to comment so here goes...

Despite my instance about what DH can or can't wear he wants some reassurances...

So smart jeans = yes; smart trousers = yes; polo shirts = yes; button down shirts = yes; short & long sleeve = yes.

So people..HELP..please tell him.. any suggested images out there.

Thanks ..as always.!

On regular nights I wear Dockers and a nice polo shirt for dinner. On "Chic" nights I will wear Dockers and a shirt that buttons and if there is room in the suitcase, a sports jacket. You will see men in suits and ties, you will see men in tuxedos too but mostly it is much simpler. Smart jeans are allowed but I prefer my Dockers. What you should not wear are shorts of any type for dinner.

I make my husband wear a suit, but no tie. He has a dark gray 'travel' suit that doesn't wrinkle much, and wears a dress shirt that we send out for pressing (best money we ever spent!). He has sports coats as well, but he doesn't normally take those.

I force him to wear a suit because I'm one of those crazies who dresses up. I never get to dress up any other time, and I go all out.

You asked for some pictures. These are from our on the Equinox in May.

e51ac73c05c52feffee0c060a071428e.jpg

02123304e3e4f98a6538dbcefa282996.jpg

8ae02b1546b2e9a688a3cc8092045b47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

I have no idea why these are sideways. Lol

These choices are very typical ! Nice Pictures.

There WILL be men in sport coats and suits, as well as a few tuxes on chic night. But not necessary.

Ok fellow cruisers...yes I know the answers are already here but I'm searching on my mobile and trying (without luck) and need to get some answers in a hurry. I know how you all like to comment so here goes...

Despite my instance about what DH can or can't wear he wants some reassurances...

So smart jeans = yes; smart trousers = yes; polo shirts = yes; button down shirts = yes; short & long sleeve = yes.

So people..HELP..please tell him.. any suggested images out there.

Thanks ..as always.!

Those are fine.

I make my husband wear a suit, but no tie. He has a dark gray 'travel' suit that doesn't wrinkle much, and wears a dress shirt that we send out for pressing (best money we ever spent!). He has sports coats as well, but he doesn't normally take those.

I force him to wear a suit because I'm one of those crazies who dresses up. I never get to dress up any other time, and I go all out.

I'm with you. :D

Yes to everything you suggested.

No to shorts, sleeveless t-shirts (the kind that look like undershirts), flip flops, beachwear.

I have also seen some Maitre D's say no to baseball caps in the dining room in the evening.

Who would wear a baseball cap in a restaurant? Weird.

We had a person from NYC wear a baseball cap and baseball shirt to every meal in Blu. No, it was not a baseball theme cruise.

I bring a suit for the evening chic nights. Otherwise, for dinner it is dress slacks or Dockers and a polo shirt and shoes.

These choices are very typical ! Nice Pictures.

There WILL be men in sport coats and suits, as well as a few tuxes on chic night. But not necessary.

Thank you very much! This was our first Celebrity cruise and we wondered if we would feel out of place due to our age and that we generally do not want to get dressed up. We found that Celebrity was perfect for us. It was more relaxed than we expected. The other passengers, though usually older than us, were super friendly. Also for nights that we didn't feel like getting "dressed" for dinner, we found the evening buffet to have a lot of great options... also the view is great and it is much quieter for dinner. We are sailing the Silhouette in April 2018 and looking to book for 2019 also.

About 1/2 the population of the US under 30 (and many over 30):rolleyes:. And you will find me looking about like this most nights (decent jeans or khakis and a casual shirt).

1378015_10200114758066568_1647378612_n.jpg?oh=6c598471664d870ee4b827c3347bb872&oe=5A5AB8B9

Edited by TFLG

We had a person from NYC wear a baseball cap and baseball shirt to every meal in Blu. No, it was not a baseball theme cruise.

I bring a suit for the evening chic nights. Otherwise, for dinner it is dress slacks or Dockers and a polo shirt and shoes.

That's just so bad it defies words. And I am stunned that it was even allowed. The shirt okay, if you must, but the cap? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he must have some nasty scalp condition, and hope it heals up before he's on any cruise I'm on.

About 1/2 the population of the US under 30 (and many over 30):rolleyes:. And you will find me looking about like this most nights (decent jeans or khakis and a casual shirt).

1378015_10200114758066568_1647378612_n.jpg?oh=6c598471664d870ee4b827c3347bb872&oe=5A5AB8B9

I have to admit, I've never seen it, but I've only done five cruises and none of them were out of the US - two out of Singapore, one out of the UK, and two out of Australia. Our forthcoming cruise is on Celebrity, but out of New Zealand, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for no baseball caps in the MDR. It won't spoil my meal, of course, or my life, but I would be left with the question: why?

I think it is down to education and basic manners. Hats were invented to reduced the effects of weather - rain , bright sunlight etc. Churches and monarchs wore headgear to signify special standing

I believe wearing baseball ( that's rounders to us in UK & Oz ?) caps indoors also signify a 'special' standing - but not in the same way as Monarchs.

I have seen on many occasions people being asked / instructed to remove hats on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it is down to education and basic manners. Hats were invented to reduced the effects of weather - rain , bright sunlight etc. Churches and monarchs wore headgear to signify special standing

I believe wearing baseball ( that's rounders to us in UK & Oz ?) caps indoors also signify a 'special' standing - but not in the same way as Monarchs.

I have seen on many occasions people being asked / instructed to remove hats on the boat.

Hi Ladesign. We do call baseball caps baseball here in Australia, and rounders is a game we know, a sort of softball type game usually played on family fun days etc. I was brought up that men should always remove their hats indoors, whereas ladies keep theirs on (unless they happen to be rain bonnets, of course). I have been stunned in Europe to see men wearing caps in churches. I guess, as you say, it's down to education and basic manners.

My goodness Beejay - baseball in OZ - whatever next [emoji12]. Your Rugby team gonna start wearing them American Gridiron helmets for the quadrennial hidings you ( and our teams [emoji15]) get from the All Blacks

I heard your Government are planning on switching to driving on the European / North American side as another display of the end of the Empire - is that correct [emoji848]

My goodness Beejay - baseball in OZ - whatever next [emoji12]. Your Rugby team gonna start wearing them American Gridiron helmets for the quadrennial hidings you ( and our teams [emoji15]) get from the All Blacks

I heard your Government are planning on switching to driving on the European / North American side as another display of the end of the Empire - is that correct [emoji848]

Oh, you are too cheeky. The rugby? Nah, not a fan (best for me not to say anything as we'll be in NZ on our next cruise so will have to hear all about how wonderful the All Blacks are then). Come to think of it, our basketballers did annihilate the Tall Blacks recently, so I can always come back with that. And drive on the wrong side of the road? Never, unless, of course, we have to go through Charles and Camilla before we get Will and Kate our King and Queen. :D Love your humour.

Just to make sure I understand this - left is right and right is wrong?

And I thought living in the US was confusing.

some drive on the right side of the road , the rest drive on the correct side - simples [emoji12]

I usually wear a long dress and hubby a dinner jacket (DJ) on what was formal nights. Our last celebrity cruise hubby wore his DJ on two of the chic nights but on the last wore dress trousers and open necked shirt but felt underdressed.

Our next celebrity cruise in four weeks is from LA and he's still taking his DJ, I just hope he doesn't feel overdressed this time! :')