Serenade studio

Has anyone stayed in a studio cabin on Serenade? What direction is the bed placed? Forward and aft, or port to starboard? Just trying to figure out if I am going to go ahead with Apr 29 TA or cancel today and get 25% back. Any other info on these studio cabins would be helpful. I am claustrophobic and can experience motion sickness. So, that is why I'm concerned.

I stayed in one in 2012. It was fine. I was concerned as it was going to be my first time in an inside cabin and it appeared to be under the stairs, so possibly noisy. I needn't have worried. The location was great, seconds from both the atrium and MDR. I'd book another in a heartbeat. Bed is placed forward/aft.

Thank you for your reply. Forward and aft is better for motion sickness. Looks like I am stick with this cabin cuz ship is sold out. I booked a GTY interior and this is what they gave me. I didn't even know there were studios on ship. Paid 200% and thought I was getting a regular interior cabin. RCI will do nothing. So trying to make the best of it.

Hi, You mentioned you booked a regular inside guarantee ( at 200% ).

How will Royal handle your cruise points? Past posters said solos in Studio insides only get 1 point per night, instead of double. But if you do a mock booking for TA westbound on Serenade in the fall to check GTY, it only lists categories Q through L. Does not specifically include SI on the Guarantee booking details. Seems like you booked and paid for a category that would provide you with double points as a solo. But the assignment of an SI studio may not allow the double points. Maybe you can get it in writing about points before you go ... or see if they will switch you to the westbound TA instead in a regular inside. Just a thought.

Good luck! The Eastbound TA sounds wonderful! If you go, I hope you have a great cruise!

• 6 months later...

Hi i am sailing the Seranade of the Seas March 27, 2017... I booked a studio cabin #4583...Was wondering same thing..how are the studio cabins? My main concern is that you don't hear noise...as these cabins are on deck 4 near guest services and atrium..that is where a lot of the music is played and entertainment... If anyone has ever sailed in a studio cabin, can you post some comments on them...Also the bathroom, is it a standard bathroom, or something like ncl has in there studios where the shower is in the same room as the bed...and a little door for the toilet...

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bump this back up, but instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just continue on this one....

I just booked one of these rooms on the Serenade and am curious about the noise level. It looks like these rooms are at the end of a hallway, so not a lot of foot traffic, but still very close to the main lobby. Anybody have any updates?

Thanks,