Will Royal Caribbean's Next New Ship Be Called Spectrum of the Seas?

Perhaps it is just me but thing brings back memories of 80s computers...

Commodore or Atari of the Seas next?

I wonder if the time will come in future when they get sponsorship for ship names to increase income?

e.g. Fox of the Seas or Apple of the Seas

Perhaps it is just me but thing brings back memories of 80s computers...

Commodore or Atari of the Seas next?

I wonder if the time will come in future when they get sponsorship for ship names to increase income?

e.g. Fox of the Seas or Apple of the Seas

Haha, we had a Spectrum, I remember my mum hooking it up to the tv!

Spectrum is the new company name for Time Warner cable. Unless they bought naming rights, I doubt we see the new ship named as Spectrum.

FYI, RCI recently trademarked "Spectrum of the Seas" so there doesn't appear to be a conflict but I know very little about trademark law.

Spectrum could go well with Quantum Class, or with Icon Class (in addition to Icon of the Seas, which was also trademarked a short time ago). Definitely doesn't go well with Oasis Class.

I see they also renewed their trademarks for Joy and Apex of the Seas. I hate Apex, and NCL just used Joy for their newest ship.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Spectrum is the new company name for Time Warner cable. Unless they bought naming rights, I doubt we see the new ship named as Spectrum.

FYI, RCI recently trademarked "Spectrum of the Seas" so there doesn't appear to be a conflict but I know very little about trademark law.

Spectrum appears to be the new umbrella for the merged Time Warner and Charter companies. I think if someone was going to release a television, computer or any other communications-related consumer device named the Spectrum it could get sticky, but not so much a ship.

My employer builds a pool table called the ZD-X. Acura never called us about it, but that thing was a slow-enough seller I think Acura would be happy to let us have the name.

Assuming one trusts the previous announcement about Q 4 and 5 naming (Passion and Pulse), Spectrum might make sense for O 5 but is a long ways away. I think RCI is simply just re-registering the name for the heck of it.

• 1 month later...

Apparently the answer to the thread title is Yes. Royal Caribbean just posted on Facebook, on the Crown and Anchor page...

"Introducing Spectrum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean’s new Quantum Ultra Class ship! Check out photos from her steel cutting ceremony, straight from Meyer Werft."