Port or starboard

Not sure where to put this topic so I figured I'd try here. My mom and I just booked a pacific coastal cruise for next September. We booked a balcony. We booked a port side balcony. I just want to make sure this was a wise choice since we have never done a pacific coast cruise. Will we have good views or is starboard better? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are far enough out to sea that it doesn't really matter for views at sea. If you sail from Southern California north, a port side may get you a view of the Channel Islands. I had a port side ocean view cabin on Explorer of the Seas three weeks ago. In San Francisco a port balcony would probably get you a nice view of the Bay Bridge which is beautiful at night. In Astoria, I had a nice view of the river and bridges and saw some seals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

You will be 25 to 30 miles off the coast so it won't really matter. You will have some scenery from Vancouver until you exit the Strait of Juan de Fuca which is the body of water that separates Vancouver Island from Washington's Olympic Peninsula but even there it really doesn't matter which side you choose. What might impact your decision would be if you would rather have a sunrise or a sunset, I would probably choose the sunset and pick a starboard side cabin.