Joining cruise late

catperson02

After the week to end all weeks my daughter phoned me last night to report that her university exam that day had been horrendous. She is not particularly confident that she has passed. The resits are during the first week of our forthcoming cruise! This was booked on launch before she had even applied to university so such a clash had never occurred to me. If the worst comes to the worst I have found a flight that gets into Barcelona early morning so wondered if it would be possible for her to join the cruise there? She will not find out her results for about 3 weeks and if she needs to resit I will ring P&O then but knowing that we have a backup plan would make he wait a bit more bearable. The flight is currently only about £60 so if it looks like a viable option I may book it anyway as, being in August, the prices can only go one way.

I have a horrible feeling that this is probably not covered by our insurance which is an annual policy so we are keeping everything crossed .Moving the cruise is not an option either due to her sisters A level results and I am pretty sure that as it is past final payment dated we couldn't do this anyway I had hoped that as they got older they would be less rone to throwing spanners in the works - I was wrong.

Yes it can be done. I’ve done it once in Andalsnes and our daughter joined us in New York. You need to inform Southampton & they inform the ship. There is no reduction for missed nights and in my case they suggested I joined at a later port ( Trondheim) as it was a docking port rather than a tender port. I declined that suggestion ( as Trondheim was the 2nd last port) I had to confirm that it was my decision to attempt to board at a tender port.

There is no problem joining at an intermediate port.

Thank you. I have just got to hope that if she does have to retake that the exam date is early enough for her to join us at Barcelona as after that it becomes more difficult to get from airport to ship. I don't think that we will get the date until she is told whether she needs to retake or not - another 3 weeks. I think that I will hold on booking flights until we know. If all else fails I will change the name on the booking and take my mum! At least I could save on kennel fees as she would be able to feed the cat and keep the grass mown.