Regal - Mini Suite - Lido or Marina Deck

Rebels82

Marina deck is fine as long as you don't have public deck above you. We have had the pool deck above us on a cruise and we could easily hear every time a chair was pulled out and slid back in under the table above near the pizza bar.

We were just offered an upsell and it was Marina or Riviera, we said only the Riviera or we would not take it. WE are in R212

You didn't ask and I don't know what location you are considering, but the mid-ship mini-suites with the extended balconies on Marina are directly under the SeaWalk and the SeaView Bar and some people have mentioned the lack of privacy in those locations.

We just had a forward facing mini-suite at the front of Lido deck on Royal, directly under Sanctuary.

We didn't have any noise issue from above during the entire trip.

Found the forward Lido location very convenient to elevator and an easy walk to grill, pizza, seawalk and finally Horizon Court.

Proximity to elevators worked well for us too, able to access Decks 6/7 quickly which provided access into the Piazza spaces.

Would book this same location under Sanctuary again in a heartbeat.

Just checked out of M211 today. I thought the location was great, convenient to Lido deck and Adult only Retreat pool area. Quiet, no noise, (cabins above and below). But most importantly, our cabin steward, "Richie" is the BEST we've ever had! If anyone sees Richie, tell him hello from Kai, Louise & Donna. We left him a simple styrofoam cooler, which we used as an ice bucket, and he was thrilled he would have a "frig" for his cabin. Seriously, I would book this MS again, and I did a walk around as people were leaving and did not see anywhere I would have preferred.

Just back from the Regal, we had a forward facing balcony (M107) large, beautiful wraparound deck, 2 separate rooms, you could have a large cocktail party on the balcony. You won't believe how big this thing is, and its priced right. try it or the one on the port side, or maybe on the L deck (didn't check the price of that one). No noise whatsoever.

Mike

• 1 year later...

hi i'm new to princess and just started my research. looking possibly at a mini suite and see they have some on lido deck on Regal. however they are cheaper than the lower levels which leads me to believe they are less desirable.

a post above indicated no noise from the sanctuary

looks like you are close to pizza, the pool , buffet etc so can someone give me their opinion on the quietness of the rooms . i normally would never consider booking anything other than a cabin sandwiched between 2 other floors of cabins but this looks cool to me.

oh forward facing. very nice!

I've done some analysis and looked at the cabins still available and while this may change, i was comparing a mid forward balcony at 1750 vs the lido deck mini suite at 2050. i watched videos of each type and the tub would be a nice plus as well as the larger balcony and the full sofa. i do think it would be worth 300 extra to me

and it seems like no noise worry from the sanctuary or pool above since the hours up there are limited and the carpet is there. Id appreciate any other input on the minis on lido deck, good or bad. thanks!

• 2 months later...
We were upgraded to mini suite L209 on the Royal. We are very excited to be in a mini suite for the 1st time. Two tvs and a bathtub sound great! But, I was also wondering about the noise from above. Has anyone stayed in that cabin?

We were in L201 on the Regal Princess (sister ship) which is only 3 cabins away. There was no noise from above. Your location being under the forward corner of the Retreat Pool area should be no problem with noise.

We were in L201 on the Regal Princess (sister ship) which is only 3 cabins away. There was no noise from above. Your location being under the forward corner of the Retreat Pool area should be no problem with noise.

Thank you - that sounds good! I am excited about being in a mini suite for the 1st time. :)

Book only if there's a cabin above you. If there's public deck or the Horizon Court/Bistro, you'll have constant noise starting very early (for me, it was 3:30am in M611) in the morning.

I guess everyone is different. I was recently on the Regal in M616 directly under the Horizon Court and never heard any noise for the entire cruise. I did like the covered balcony, the Horizon Court actually extends another 6-8 feet past the balcony railing. My TA sailing had a lot of rain but I could still be out on the balcony because it was tucked up under the overhang. Really liked this location.

just got off L225 regal:

after 9am you do hear chairs from above. last sea day was storming so no one was up there. during 'normal' sleep time' i dont think any retreat noise bugged me.

will note in my review in other thread but L225 was horrible for banging during rough weather. i dont know if it was because of this room. because we are up front etc. but it sounded like someone continually knocking on the wall or ceiling. someone had stuck a piece of wood between the crown moulding and the ceiling even before we got there. i know no one can control flying hangers in strong winds but the room noise , creaking. banging means we wont ever get this cabin again. i was on the breakaway during strong winds and never had this much room noise.

would love to hear other lido deck mini stories on what the hear in high winds

just got off L225 regal:

after 9am you do hear chairs from above. last sea day was storming so no one was up there. during 'normal' sleep time' i dont think any retreat noise bugged me.

will note in my review in other thread but L225 was horrible for banging during rough weather. i dont know if it was because of this room. because we are up front etc. but it sounded like someone continually knocking on the wall or ceiling. someone had stuck a piece of wood between the crown moulding and the ceiling even before we got there. i know no one can control flying hangers in strong winds but the room noise , creaking. banging means we wont ever get this cabin again. i was on the breakaway during strong winds and never had this much room noise.

would love to hear other lido deck mini stories on what the hear in high winds

Thanks for your review. I also am interested in hearing other lido deck mini suite stories.

(We'll be in L209 on the Royal which is 6 cabins forward from where you were in L225 on the Regal.)