Eurodam Spa Pass (Thermal Suite)

buelah111

Yes, you get the thermal beds, access to steam rooms, sauna, and hydrotherapy pool. I have given up getting ready for dinner int he stateroom alltogether...I just head up and enjoy the offerings and then shower and do my makeup in the ladies lounge. Everyone is different, but I truly love those spa passes! Enjoy!

This pass is the best part of cruising to us!!!! We have been told that they only sell a limited number of weeklong passes, so last time we contacted ship services prior to boarding to purchase.

Run as quickly as possible to get this pass...you will LOVE it!!!! :) :)

What is a hydrotherapy pool? I've always wondered that. And how much is the pass for the week...thanks!

I'm not remembering how much the weeklong pass was, but I'm thinking something like $250 for 2 for the week.

"A hydrotherapy pool bubbling with warm, therapeutic sea water"...from the HAL site. There is bubbling body-temperature water throughout with two showers in the pool as well. There is a section of the pool with bars that go across that you lay on (like a bed) and then another section that you get into that has stronger jets coming up from the floor. It is very relaxing and you can stay in much longer than a regular hot tub because of the temperature.

This photo is from Westerdam. The pool is the same, the only difference is the decor in the area surrounding the pool.

IMG_2334.jpg.e8026c6b7bfefd7f6d88b6ce3bad6132.jpg

Where on the ship do you purchase the pass? In other words where do I run to? :D Happy Sailing!

You can purchase the pass prior to your sailing by contacting ship services. If you wait until you get onboard, go directly to the Greenhouse Spa desk on the Lido deck near the front elevators. You can purchase the pass there.

What is included in the spa pass on the Eurodam? I know there is the area with tile loungers. Is the hydro therapy restricted to just those with spa passes? Is there anything else included?

2 years ago on the Oosterdam I purchased a 1 week pass for the hydropool only. It could be used 24/7 at my leisure. I paid (charged it to our card) $150.00 USD. At the time I purchased it at The Spa I was told that I could add my hubby for only $100.00 USD.

IT WAS AWESOME!!! I loved the whirling (has a built in whirlpool) and the metal bars in it. Man oh Man, with my bad back, it felt wonderful!!!!

On the 'R' and 'S' class ships (which includes the Veendam) the greenhouse spa was retrofitted so does not have a hydrotherapy room like the Vista or Signature ships. It has a hot tub in the corner with 3-4 ceramic loungers, two aromatherapy showers and access to dry and wet saunas. The view is lovely..you look right out to the water when lieing on the ceramic bed. The hot tub does not give you the same feeling as the hydrotherapy pool does IMHO,bu that may be personal taste!

If you purchase a weeklong pass from ship services, is it an actual pass that is waiting for you in your cabin on boarding? I'm still trying to decide what would be the best time to purchase this as my sister and I would like one for our 7 day cruise in October. Would it be best to purchase beforehand or wait until we board the ship?

So....the Veendam doesn't have the hydrotherapy pool? Does it have a jacuzzi in the thermal suite. Someone said they had access 24/7 - you dont have access 24/7 to the thermal suite, right? Oh and one more question - will they give tours of this area if you are thinking about buying a pass?

Thanks for any and all info.... I leave on the Veendam 9/6

If I remember correctly the Eurodam has four showers in the thermal suite: two of the showers have aromatherapy and two do not.

I find it is a little bit crowded at first as everyone with a spa pass shows up but by the middle of the week I was the only one left to enjoy the spa. Felt a little bit guilty switching on all those jets in the hydrotherapy pool just for moi.

If you purchase a weeklong pass from ship services, is it an actual pass that is waiting for you in your cabin on boarding?

It didn't work that way when I had a pass.

I went in on one with another passenger, and she purchased it in advance. We had to go to the spa after embarkation, and get stickers for our cabin cards. As I understood it, we had to get there before they had distributed the allotment of stickers.

Another thing to be aware of: At that time the price quoted (and charged) by Seattle was higher than the price quoted by the ship. Had we not been aware to question this, I'm not sure that the difference would have been refunded.

Thanks that's good to know. I hoped that purchasing in advance would guarantee us the pass but it sounds like that might not be the case. Maybe we'll wait and if we have to get to the spa early for the sticker anyway we might as well wait and pay for it then too. We're planning on boarding early so that we can make sure to go straight to the spa and purchase the spa pass. Again thanks for the information!

So....the Veendam doesn't have the hydrotherapy pool? Does it have a jacuzzi in the thermal suite. Someone said they had access 24/7 - you dont have access 24/7 to the thermal suite, right? Oh and one more question - will they give tours of this area if you are thinking about buying a pass?

Thanks for any and all info.... I leave on the Veendam 9/6

Let me know what you thought of it and the cost when you get back please:)

We got the pass on the Noordam. I only used the whirlpool. My gf used the sauna and steam rooms plus the hot bed and pool. She got her money's worth. I'm not sure it was worth the $$ for me since I only used the pool. I'm not a sauna/steam room person. If you aren't either, you might feel it's not worth the expense. To each his own. :) Happy Sailing!

Just to chime in...my friend and I got the thermal suite passes on our Zuiderdam trip and it was $250 for the two of us for 8 days. I was skeptical at first but now I look at that spa pass as the second best part of the trip (the best, of course, being our cabana on HMC). For our upcoming Eurodam trip hubby is coming along and we are definitely getting the passes. Can't wait!

If you purchase a weeklong pass from ship services, is it an actual pass that is waiting for you in your cabin on boarding? I'm still trying to decide what would be the best time to purchase this as my sister and I would like one for our 7 day cruise in October. Would it be best to purchase beforehand or wait until we board the ship?

When we purchased the pass from Ship Services prior to sailing on Eurodam in February, Seattle seemed to tell me that our cruise cards (or whatever you call them) would just be programmed to work for entrance to the Thermal Suite. I did not believe them, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking that perhaps Eurodam had new technology in this area that Westerdam did not. Well...upon boarding we had a card waiting in the stateroom telling us that we had purchased the Thermal Suite package. We had to take that card to the Spa Desk to get registered. Since it was pre-purchased, we didn't need to worry about the stickers selling out as we had our "reservation". The Thermal Suite is accessed only by a special key card, and you need to leave your cruise card at the spa desk to get the key card. I do believe that those who are in the "spa staterooms" on Eurodam may perhaps have access to this area with their cruise card because there is a special stairway located inside the Hydropool area.

I do believe that those who are in the "spa staterooms" on Eurodam may perhaps have access to this area with their cruise card because there is a special stairway located inside the Hydropool area.

Is this true for the new spa rooms on the Veendam aswelll? What is included with the spa rooms on the Veendam?

Archived