Couples Massage - only book one person?

Tananda

My mother (a VERY active 69) and I are cruising the Fascination over Thanksgiving. This will be her first cruise, and I wanted to treat her with a massage on our first at sea day. She has never had a massage, so I booked a couples massage (okay, I wanted a treat as well). I did this on the Carnival site, and it only allowed me to select one passenger. Is this normal? I plan to take her for a "tour" of the spa after breakfast and then check in for our treatment.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for additional surprises that I might consider for her, I would love to hear them. She had a heart attack last year, is doing great this year, and I want this to be a great girls celebration.

Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't book any spa treatments in advance. They pretty much have daily specials, especially on port days, that can be considerably less than the "advertised" price.

And when you board, go to the spa and enter the drawing. Unfortunately, they always seem to hold these during sailaway, and you have to be present to win, but I did receive a 2nd-chance winner notice on my Victory cruise and got a facial for $49, which is a very good price. First time I used the spa on a ship (other than having nails one once and that was horrible). I now usually wait until late in the cruise and do a 2 treatments for $xx option and get a mini-facial and massage.

since you will be touring the spa anyways i suggest giing there right after the muster drill and register for prizes qnd hang around for 30 minutes til the drawing

you may win your massage for free

i won a seaweed wrap and a 50 minute well being massage usual cost was 225 for me FREE

must be present to win. many names are called but many are not present

Archived