Beach with snorkeling and facilities??

brandy4598

Is there a beach that has both good snorkeling and facilities (bathroom, food, etc.)? I found reviews for several beaches that have good snorkeling reviews; but it looks like they are out of the way and don't have any facilities available. Ideally, I would like a beach where I can snorkel and my husband can sit and relax (and drink).

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a beach that has both good snorkeling and facilities (bathroom, food, etc.)? I found reviews for several beaches that have good snorkeling reviews; but it looks like they are out of the way and don't have any facilities available. Ideally, I would like a beach where I can snorkel and my husband can sit and relax (and drink).

Sandcastle on the Beach would work for you. Snorkel toward the south of the restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

Drake,

Are there any facilities at Turtle Beach on Buck Island? My wife loves the beach and I love snorkeling and Turtle beach looks like great snorkeling, but I cannot find out if the beach has any facilities. We will be in St. Croix next March on the Jewel of the Seas. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Drake,

Are there any facilities at Turtle Beach on Buck Island? My wife loves the beach and I love snorkeling and Turtle beach looks like great snorkeling, but I cannot find out if the beach has any facilities. We will be in St. Croix next March on the Jewel of the Seas. Thanks in advance.

Absolutely not, it's a national monument. There are no facilities or structures of any kind on Buck Island.

Another beach to consider, on the West End, is Rainbow Beach. There is decent snorkeling to the right as you enter (according to my family). And we love Rhythms, the restaurant and bar on site. Rainbow is about 2 miles north of the pier and I would think it's easy to get taxis there on cruise ship days.

Another couple of options:

Cane Bay (has Eat @ Cane Bay for restaurant and bathrooms)

Tamarind Reef (has Deep End Bar & Grill for restaurant and they also rent chairs, kayaks, etc.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...