Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Safe Travels

Thanks Cindy---I thought the ship did that, but couldn't remember, for sure.

Roz---I like to cook also and I was doing that, then it changed to going down to the Keys. Maybe we will have some sunshine and be able to go out in the boat.

:D

Happy Thanksgiving to all the great

Dogs out there. Give them an extra treat on Turkey Day.:D

You are going there for the holiday? You are not seeing your kids?

I'm going home today so if I don't see anyone before the holiday, everyone have a great one!!!!

Lisa - in Oregon, Robyn - in San Francisco, Lee - is going to his in-laws.....this will be different...Like I said, I'm being a Pilgrim. I may hate the whole thing or I'll do this every year.

When the kids moved out of L.A. and the expense of running a business here and trying to buy a home that didn't cost 3 million dollars, I had to resign myself to see them by plane, train or automobile. We're going to all get together for Christmas [down here] and re-think next year. Last year I drove to everyone and I was exhausted. Poor Brenny had a hard time too!

We all met in San Francisco for Mother's Day and it was so much fun. I don't know if Brenny could take another road trip, which is the biggest reason we're not doing it. I love having her around and will do anything to keep her with us! And, I refuse to leave her behind, unless it's with Morey.

Enjoy your family, be safe.....I love you!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Happy Thanksgiving to all! The three of us (well five with Jezzy Lou and Leann Emily) will have a nice quiet day. DH loves to cook and turkey is high on his list. So, our house will smell good all day. We won't eat until later today.

Safe travels to you, also, Roz and anyone else traveling. I looked at my gas gauge yesterday and I need to get gas. Why is it always on a holiday that I need to do that? Fortunately I can wait, and hope to miss a long line! Since we are right off a major highway, our gas stations are always busy on holiday weekends.

we enjoyed our Thanksgiving in the Keys. Still here, weather beautiful but very windy. Hope all of you had a fun day---I still feel like a stuffed Turkey.:D

cindy----got my room number 8005----think I will have that one for the two weeks, or at least I hope so.

time is getting short, should go home tomorrow or the next day.

Have a good weekend everyone.

we enjoyed our Thanksgiving in the Keys. Still here, weather beautiful but very windy. Hope all of you had a fun day---I still feel like a stuffed Turkey.:D

cindy----got my room number 8005----think I will have that one for the two weeks, or at least I hope so.

time is getting short, should go home tomorrow or the next day.

Have a good weekend everyone.

We had a good day too. We ate alot and took alot of food home, so turkey again tonight.

Weather here is so warm and sunny today, well 50 but thats warm for this time of the year. We just took Wex for a nice walk.

Glad you finally got your room number. I hope you will have it for the two weeks cuz if you have to move that would be a pain. Only one more week for you. How exciting!!!!

We had a good day too. We ate alot and took alot of food home, so turkey again tonight.

Weather here is so warm and sunny today, well 50 but thats warm for this time of the year. We just took Wex for a nice walk.

Glad you finally got your room number. I hope you will have it for the two weeks cuz if you have to move that would be a pain. Only one more week for you. How exciting!!!!

Arrived home today. It was in the mid 70 but windy, but beautiful.

We are glad to finally have a room---I sure do hope that it is the same room for the entire cruise. It is exciting and I can't wait. Will do some wash and start getting my things together on Monday. I cant believe the time is almost here. See you soon. :D

Arrived home today. It was in the mid 70 but windy, but beautiful.

We are glad to finally have a room---I sure do hope that it is the same room for the entire cruise. It is exciting and I can't wait. Will do some wash and start getting my things together on Monday. I cant believe the time is almost here. See you soon. :D

Only one week for you Trudy!!! I heard from someone who took our tour in St. Maarten and he said it was great.

Hi Everyone, what a busy, busy Thanksgiving. It all started with the drive down to Coronado Island [in San Diego], what should have been a 2 1/2 hour drive took 4 hours. I had to stop in San Clemente for a potty stop for both Horton and me.

We met our friends at the Marriott and checked-in. The gal behind the counter kept insisting that I needed to give a "cleaning fee" to steam clean the room after my dog leaves. She said she ALWAYS collects this fee from pets and Service Dogs alike. I told her it was against the law to ask for such a charge from a Service Dog handler and she owed a lot of folks a lot of money!!!!! She finally saw the "light!" :rolleyes:

Thanksgiving dinner was beyond amazing and wonderful.

On Friday night my car got broken into and they took EVERYTHING including Brenda's and Horton's immunization records. So annoying! They took my grandson's 3D Nintendo game which was about the only thing of much monetary value, the rest was just "stuff" that takes years to accumulate and are time consuming to replace. They took my journal that I had been writing in since the late 1980's. Stories and pictures of my children, grandchildren and my feelings and pictures of my wonderful Service dogs......I'll never be able to replace this. I think this hurts the most.

Tomorrow I have so much to do to replace the garage door openers, insurance papers for the car, the dogs shot records and on and on. This stuff means nothing to anyone else......Why the heck steal it from someone?

I refuse to continue to let it bother me, it's time to rejoice in the holidays.

We're going to CCI in Oceanside on December 13th for Horton's re-cert. We're lucky we got a dorm room to stay in. Brenda gets to go too. She can play on campus with Morey while Horton and I go off to the mall for testing.

Cindy & Trudy, happy packing and getting ready for your upcoming cruises. Try not to exhaust yourselves. :)

I'm also packing. I booked a cruise yesterday afternoon that leaves New Orleans on Dec 9-16......ports are Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize. The price was just to good to pass up and I will be cruising over my birthday.......It's on my favorite cruise line....Norwegian....altho the Star will be a new ship for me....

I hate that happened to you. Did you look around in nearby dumpsters to see if whoever broke into the car threw out stuff? Did the place that your car was parked at, have a security camera?

Thank you. There were no dumpsters near the parking area [i looked] and the trash cans nearby were empty. Like the policeman said, they put everything into a trash bag, leave as quickly and sneakily as they came and examine their haul later, in their cave. Animals, that's how he described the people that do things like this......animals!

I'm also packing. I booked a cruise yesterday afternoon that leaves New Orleans on Dec 9-16......ports are Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize. The price was just to good to pass up and I will be cruising over my birthday.......It's on my favorite cruise line....Norwegian....altho the Star will be a new ship for me....

Your cruise is coming up quickly. Have a wonderful time and have a fabulous birthday.....I can't think of a better way to celebrate your birthday than on a cruise.

Good Morning everyone-----so sorry to hear about your car break in Roz. Wouldn't it be nice if someone found those things and sent them back to you. I have heard that it happens. Especially the journal .

Hopefully I will be able to start packing today. Yesterday I was sick all day, I think a 24hr virus. Not feeling great right now but much better then yesterday.

Happy Cruising arhillbilly----I will have to try Norwegian again----I didn't like the first cruise with them. It was mostly dinning room staff and the food---terrible.

Hey Cindy---good to hear about the tour in St Martin being good. I am looking forward to it. Hope you don't get bad weather before you have to leave. Are you driving or flying, I don't remember what you said.

Mornin' all:

Roz, that makes me sick to my stomach. People are getting ruthless. I am surprised no one else was around and saw or heard nothing. Some of the stuff you cannot replace and like you said has absolutely no value to anyone else. I hope if they did throw it in a dumpster that they fell in with it and can't get out.

Boy cruises coming up soon. Everyone relax and enjoy yourselves. This 4 days off for me was well needed.

Hi Everyone, what a busy, busy Thanksgiving. It all started with the drive down to Coronado Island [in San Diego], what should have been a 2 1/2 hour drive took 4 hours. I had to stop in San Clemente for a potty stop for both Horton and me.

We met our friends at the Marriott and checked-in. The gal behind the counter kept insisting that I needed to give a "cleaning fee" to steam clean the room after my dog leaves. She said she ALWAYS collects this fee from pets and Service Dogs alike. I told her it was against the law to ask for such a charge from a Service Dog handler and she owed a lot of folks a lot of money!!!!! She finally saw the "light!" :rolleyes:

Thanksgiving dinner was beyond amazing and wonderful.

On Friday night my car got broken into and they took EVERYTHING including Brenda's and Horton's immunization records. So annoying! They took my grandson's 3D Nintendo game which was about the only thing of much monetary value, the rest was just "stuff" that takes years to accumulate and are time consuming to replace. They took my journal that I had been writing in since the late 1980's. Stories and pictures of my children, grandchildren and my feelings and pictures of my wonderful Service dogs......I'll never be able to replace this. I think this hurts the most.

Tomorrow I have so much to do to replace the garage door openers, insurance papers for the car, the dogs shot records and on and on. This stuff means nothing to anyone else......Why the heck steal it from someone?

I refuse to continue to let it bother me, it's time to rejoice in the holidays.

We're going to CCI in Oceanside on December 13th for Horton's re-cert. We're lucky we got a dorm room to stay in. Brenda gets to go too. She can play on campus with Morey while Horton and I go off to the mall for testing.

Cindy & Trudy, happy packing and getting ready for your upcoming cruises. Try not to exhaust yourselves. :)

Welcome back Roz!

I'm so sorry for all the troubles you had. Yet you are still telling us how great it was. You are Unbelieveable! Wow sounds like you have a car full of stuff. :eek: Is there any room for Morey and the dogs?

As far as the fee for SDs in hotels. Been there done that. They always try to charge us but we just tell them it's against the law and they back off.

Happy packing? UGH!!! Actually believe it or not, my son is pretty much packed. Only cuz I searched his pile of clothes and found the stuff he needed. Then washed, folded and packed them away. I already brought all his dress clothes up here. Made him a list last night of last minute things to get, so he's all set. :confused: I will house clean this week and have all next week to get all of our stuff ready. We have a bunch of appointments next week and it's our "anniversary" next Tuesday. Since we cannot marry, we use the date of our first date as our anniversary. We always go to the same place and try to get the same table. I'm sure I can use alittle relaxing next week. :D

Good Morning everyone-----so sorry to hear about your car break in Roz. Wouldn't it be nice if someone found those things and sent them back to you. I have heard that it happens. Especially the journal .

Hopefully I will be able to start packing today. Yesterday I was sick all day, I think a 24hr virus. Not feeling great right now but much better then yesterday.

Happy Cruising arhillbilly----I will have to try Norwegian again----I didn't like the first cruise with them. It was mostly dinning room staff and the food---terrible.

Hey Cindy---good to hear about the tour in St Martin being good. I am looking forward to it. Hope you don't get bad weather before you have to leave. Are you driving or flying, I don't remember what you said.

Trudy,

Sorry to hear you were sick. :( You certainly don't need that right now.

We are getting some weather today, some snow and rain. Nothing big. We are flying down the day of the cruise. I'm doing the "go away bad weather" dance. We will be fine. We probably won't get on the ship til after 2, try to have a snack (for energy) then lifeboat drill, unpacking and then dinner. We will definately be looking for you, although I don't know what you look like, so I guess you will be looking for us. :D We are very hard to miss!! :eek:

We will be having another CCI person joining our room here. Her name is Nancie and I know absolutely nothing about her, yet. LOL She posted a question on the CCI Yahoo site and was refered to me from a friend who saw it. I emailed her and she said she was going to join here. I assume she has a CCI dog, or her child does, and she has already been on one cruise (Celebrity) and was asking about different lines. So everybody put your pants on look purdy, and behave! :D

Cindy

Trudy, sorry you were under the weather, hope you're doing better and are so busy with all you have to do, you have no time for sick.....I'm getting so excited for you. :D

Mornin' all:

Roz, that makes me sick to my stomach. People are getting ruthless. I am surprised no one else was around and saw or heard nothing. Some of the stuff you cannot replace and like you said has absolutely no value to anyone else. I hope if they did throw it in a dumpster that they fell in with it and can't get out.

Boy cruises coming up soon. Everyone relax and enjoy yourselves. This 4 days off for me was well needed.

Nancy, that's so funny......I can just picture them with their legs flailing in the air....screaming, help! Help! And, someone coming along and putting the cover down on them and suffocating them!!!!! :mad:

Everytime I look around my car there's something else missing. They took my favorite key chain [a little dog with moveable legs, that my daughter bought me for my birthday] and, a beautiful little note that she had left on the center console!

I hate these people that think that EVERYTHING belongs to them! They have no respect or regard for anyone else!!!!! These are the same types of folks who are stealing from the homes in New York that were destroyed by the hurricane. Just awful!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Welcome back Roz!

I'm so sorry for all the troubles you had. Yet you are still telling us how great it was. You are Unbelieveable! Wow sounds like you have a car full of stuff. :eek: Is there any room for Morey and the dogs?

As far as the fee for SDs in hotels. Been there done that. They always try to charge us but we just tell them it's against the law and they back off.

Happy packing? UGH!!! Actually believe it or not, my son is pretty much packed. Only cuz I searched his pile of clothes and found the stuff he needed. Then washed, folded and packed them away. I already brought all his dress clothes up here. Made him a list last night of last minute things to get, so he's all set. :confused: I will house clean this week and have all next week to get all of our stuff ready. We have a bunch of appointments next week and it's our "anniversary" next Tuesday. Since we cannot marry, we use the date of our first date as our anniversary. We always go to the same place and try to get the same table. I'm sure I can use alittle relaxing next week. :D

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Cindy & John. Here's to many, many more years together. Love & Licks from me, Morey, Brenda & Horton. :)

We will be having another CCI person joining our room here. Her name is Nancie and I know absolutely nothing about her, yet. LOL She posted a question on the CCI Yahoo site and was refered to me from a friend who saw it. I emailed her and she said she was going to join here. I assume she has a CCI dog, or her child does, and she has already been on one cruise (Celebrity) and was asking about different lines. So everybody put your pants on look purdy, and behave! :D

Cindy

I thought you meant she was going to join you and John in your cabin, onboard your cruise. I thought; Wow! That Cindy is a true liberal!!!!!

I promise not to swear or shout or do anything to embarrass any of us.....Okay, at least not right now!!!!!

Nancie, we look forward to helping you in any way we can. We're kind of fond of gals named Nancy.