Is UBER a service you book in advance ?

Buck Turgidson

I just started using Uber, but I have an app on my phone and when I'm ready to go somewhere, I just put in my destination and it shows me available rides and how long it will take them to get to me, as well as the cost. Not aware that you reserve Uber rides in advance, but someone with more experience may be able to advise you.

Roz

We will be flying into LAX for a cruise out of San Pedro and was wondering if UBER is booked in advance or do you just grab one a airport

You can't book in advance and you can't grab one at the airport.

You need the uber app on your smart phone. It detects where you are and enter the location you are going to. It calculates time and price in advance. Automatically, bills the credit card you have tied to you account.

Be sure to look for promo codes when first signing up for Uber and Lyft (same concept as Uber). We got $10 off on 5 rides ($50 total) using a lyft promo code.

Wow - we used Lyft this past weekend post cruise and the code we used was Rid5 to receive $5 on 3 rides. Looks like we got gypped, lol!

Wow - we used Lyft this past weekend post cruise and the code we used was Rid5 to receive $5 on 3 rides. Looks like we got gypped, lol!

Oh man :( I found the code for $10 off 5. It's SAVOR SEATTLE. We used it in Vegas so it doesn't matter where you are when you use the code lol.

You can prebook uber. Click in the "where to" screen.You should see current location. Type in where to pick up then fill out "where to". It then pops up showing map of route and cost of trip. Beside the confirm uberx/xl there is a car with a clock. Click on that and it brings up Dates and times to schedule a pick up.