Queen Victoria-noise from loungers above Club Balcony cabins

FTnumbers

Hi,

Last year we sailed on the Victoria and went Club Balcony on deck 8.

Unfortunately, on the deck above Club Balcony cabins is the Pavilion Pool. Around the pool are reclining loungers with hard plastic feet. Every time someone moves a lounger there is a horrible scraping sound which you clearly hear in the cabins below. This also happens when the crew put the loungers out in the morning at 7.00am and put them away in the evening.

I went to see the hospitality manager to see if something could be done about the noise. I suggested putting a synthetic 'grass' carpet in that area and the manager said he would relay this suggestion to Cunard.

Does anyone who has recently traveled on the Victoria know whether anything has been done to lessen the noise from those loungers.

Hi,

Unfortunately, on the deck above Club Balcony cabins is the Pavilion Pool. Around the pool are reclining loungers with hard plastic feet. Every time someone moves a lounger there is a horrible scraping sound which you clearly hear in the cabins below. This also happens when the crew put the loungers out in the morning at 7.00am and put them away in the evening.

I went to see the hospitality manager to see if something could be done about the noise. I suggested putting a synthetic 'grass' carpet in that area and the manager said he would relay this suggestion to Cunard.

Does anyone who has recently traveled on the Victoria know whether anything has been done to lessen the noise from those loungers.

Just got off the Q.V. last Friday and was in Britannia Club on deck 8.

It’s still the same. Noisy from moving loungers around. Not a good location for club cabins.

Just got off the Q.V. last Friday and was in Britannia Club on deck 8.

It’s still the same. Noisy from moving loungers around. Not a good location for club cabins.

Surely not a good location for any cabin whether Britannia Club or just plain ordinary Britannia.

Surely not a good location for any cabin whether Britannia Club or just plain ordinary Britannia.

Well it’s a bit like the obscured view from some balconies isn’t it ?

Surely not good for any balcony but there you go.

So a reduced charge exists in this case.

Seems that there will always be someone that’s takes offence of some kind.

Unfortunate for Club cabins, but that location is one that should be well-known to all Travel Agents and savvy travelers. On ANY ship, you want to avoid the cabins beneath the pool deck because of the scraping of the loungers/sunbeds on the deck surface. Especially in the early morning, as the crew wash down the deck and collect, and later set up the chairs. (Also avoid being above or below the disco or showroom)

Your travel agent should have spotted the problem as soon as the cabins were assigned.

It's genius really, making the least desirable balcony cabins the most expensive !

If you choose carefully you can avoid the worst areas and there are some Club cabins on Deck 7.

True,I've only got myself to blame.My booking was over the phone,on the quick,responding to a package in a daily paper.I normally spend ages researching cabins etc.At least club dining was worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

ALWAYS scrutinize the deck plans above and below your stateroom before picking one.

I love QV and would love to try a club balcony, but the only ones with a 3rd berth are those ones under the pool deck :(

Another gripe is that QM2 don't have ANY 3rd berth club balconies :(

I'm going to ask when on board in November about the chances of requesting a sofa bed be placed in one of the better located club staterooms.