Solstice Secrets

TXRed

Hi Cruisers! We have booked our first trip on Celebrity...the Solstice to Alaska out of Seattle May 17, 2019. I know every ship has it's little hidden secrets and gems, soooooooooooo:ship::ship:please share what knowledge you have about those secrets & gems...thanks:ship:...did I say we are EXCITED!!

• Like 1

Hi Cruisers! We have booked our first trip on Celebrity...the Solstice to Alaska out of Seattle May 17, 2019. I know every ship has it's little hidden secrets and gems, soooooooooooo:ship::ship:please share what knowledge you have about those secrets & gems...thanks:ship:...did I say we are EXCITED!!

Find the secret staircase.....

I wouldn't describe this as a secret, but since this will be your first Celebrity cruise find the Cafe al Bacio. The beverages are either charged to your seapass card or covered by a beverage package, but the treats in the glass case are no additional charge. Several years ago I was in the to-go line to order a coffee, and the two gentlemen in front of me were picking up their to-go lattes. One happened to ask the barista about the cost for the treats in the glass case and then, on the second to last day of the cruise, they learned that there is no additional charge for the treats.

• Like 2

There are no secrets.

Read the daily papers, attend what you find interesting.

Explore the whole ship and enjoy yourself. Don’t chase after other people likes or don’t likes.

If you feel that you missed something than take another cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

TXRed,

We spent 16 nights on Solstice recently in Aus and NZ. You will love the ship and the crew. Most on this board have sailed S-Class Celebrity ships so there are no hidden secrets to them. But if it is your first Celebrity cruise everything about Celebrity and the ship will be new to you so please enjoy and report back here to us! Just explore! And read this Celebrity board or join your roll call to get more informed prior to your cruise. It is great to be excited!

The Solarium is adults only most of the time. The Aqua Spa Cafe in there is open to everyone not just Aqua Class cabins or spa patrons. Don't forget to check out the Mast Grill for burgers, dogs and fries! Open generally 11 to 6 pm. Also walk through the Oceanview Buffet at dinner time. They have chicken, pork, steaks and fish they grill to order. You might enjoy eating there. Hang out at the Martini Bar and watch the bartenders juggling drinks....

I wouldn't describe this as a secret, but since this will be your first Celebrity cruise find the Cafe al Bacio. The beverages are either charged to your seapass card or covered by a beverage package, but the treats in the glass case are no additional charge. Several years ago I was in the to-go line to order a coffee, and the two gentlemen in front of me were picking up their to-go lattes. One happened to ask the barista about the cost for the treats in the glass case and then, on the second to last day of the cruise, they learned that there is no additional charge for the treats.

WOW thanks....that's a winner

once you find it go the aft bar on sea days and the drinks are free during the afternoons

OK...forget the hints....a detailed map would be perfect:D

Stop by the Oceanview cafe around 4 pm. They put out a lovely spread of tea sandwiches and little pastries.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you(y)(y)...that sounds like a wonderful afternoon pick me up

There are no secrets.

Read the daily papers, attend what you find interesting.

Explore the whole ship and enjoy yourself. Don’t chase after other people likes or don’t likes.

If you feel that you missed something than take another cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you for your suggestions.

We have cruised Solstice twice and loved her!

Remember Solstice is only one of two ships that has a Silk Harvest restaurant...order lots of small plates to share.

I think this will be a favorite place of my DIL and myself for sure...Thanks for the small plates suggestion....♥

TXRed,

We spent 16 nights on Solstice recently in Aus and NZ. You will love the ship and the crew. Most on this board have sailed S-Class Celebrity ships so there are no hidden secrets to them. But if it is your first Celebrity cruise everything about Celebrity and the ship will be new to you so please enjoy and report back here to us! Just explore! And read this Celebrity board or join your roll call to get more informed prior to your cruise. It is great to be excited!

Thanks for your reply....we always explore a new ship, but it's wonderful to know what to look for in particular. I appreciate everyone's input.:D

The Solarium is adults only most of the time. The Aqua Spa Cafe in there is open to everyone not just Aqua Class cabins or spa patrons. Don't forget to check out the Mast Grill for burgers, dogs and fries! Open generally 11 to 6 pm. Also walk through the Oceanview Buffet at dinner time. They have chicken, pork, steaks and fish they grill to order. You might enjoy eating there. Hang out at the Martini Bar and watch the bartenders juggling drinks....

WOW, thanks Helen...I loves these kind of hints... Mast Grill will be my husband and son's favorite daytime place for sure. Steaks grilled to order at the Buffet...holy moly!! Again, Thank you

Some people like to kid. There is no deck 13. The ship skips that number of their decks.

It’s kind of like when I was in the Navy a old Chief told me to fetch a gallon of bulkhead remover. Doesn’t exist. Just a joke for newbies.

And also check out the desserts in the case at Cafe al Bacio on your way to the MDR. Often times what CAB has looks (and tastes!) better than the MDR choices. If perhaps you are full at dinner and want to have dessert later... Celebrity has stopped putting ice pitchers in the cabins but you can request one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would second Helen’s comments about the buffet. It is very crowded at breakfast and lunch but much quieter and more relaxing at dinner. The grill area is quite good.