magnetic hooks

dw64

While magnetized springy-clips are ok to hang Princess Patters and so forth, you can get similar LOOKING clips at Amazon with stronger magnets. They would hold 3 or 4 Patters without a problem. The thumb-pusher tab is a hook of sorts.

Actual hooks can be found at Home Depot or Lowes type stores. They, as I recall, are in the over $5 a pair range, and have a very strong magnet and a single hook. Two of those on the ceiling will easily hold up a movie blanket or Pool towel to make a mini-room divider.

My wife is pretty sure that even our strong hook was not enough to hold up a Princess bathrobe - it tended to slide down the wall. All in all, you will likely use any magnetic hooks (or clips) you take with you for some purpose. They are a great accessory.

I have a set of 25 lb magnet hooks that I ordered from Amazon. A word of warning- don’t EVER let the magnets touch- it is near impossible to get them separated!- also, if the magnets to attach to one another- and you get your finger in the way- you will get a big old blood blister— ummmm... *sharing for a friend*:o

I also have a set of suction hooks from IKEA- they work even better, and there are no magnet-based injuries involved- just saying!

I purchased the hooks with pics in this thread-the industrial strength ones. They are fantastic to use and hold a lot of weight. I take 7 with me for each cruise. I used to take many odds and ends like you see on cruising packing lists, but now am leaner and meaner in my packing, but these are one thing that I definitely always take with me!

Pooh

Looking to buy a few magnetic hooks. Any suggestions & websites?

I purchased magnetic clips from Walgreens several years ago, saved 20%, as I purchased them on Senior Day. They work perfectly.

The ones from Amazon, I just bought some, are great for hanging things & they have various ones depending on what weight you want.

Tom😎

I just looked on Amazon, and really like the description on these,

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Maximum-Neodymium-Corrosion-Protection/dp/B0787Q54M1/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536364929&sr=8-3&keywords=magnetic+hooks&dpID=51lM-dbuA-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

It says that they are all coated smooth metal, to prevent/minimize any scratching. (not the cheap black rough magnet)

They are 22lb from the ceiling, and up to 5lb on the wall.

And, It says that they are all packed with the same single polarity, to avoid the issue mentioned just above!

"... all four magnetic hooks in one pack are wrapped as the same polarity. We did this because we don't want to hurt people when they open the pack just in case., and because the magnetic hooks are very strong, if they are attracted together, customers who don't have experiences in dealing with super strong magnetic hooks may not be able to separate them.

Different packs may have magnetic hooks with different polarity, for example four magnetic hooks in some packs are all North pole and some packs are all South pole. but the chance is very low. Most magnets are assembled in one polarity."

I absolutely despise those rounded knobs Princess uses on the bathroom doors. A towel simply will not hang on them. I stick one of my heavy magnetic hooks on the door and when I shower my towel stays put nicely.

These are the ones I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3RQWZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I liked the clips rather than the hooks. We use them to put up maps to track our progress (we travel with a child), hold hats, etc. It's also a great place invitations and reminders.

I'll be bringing both now - clips and hooks. The clips are great for holding the day's Patter as well as many other things.

Hello All,

This is such a great idea to take magnetic hooks along. We also find that an over the door shoe holder works great for holding all those odd and ends like sunglasses, sunscreen, flip flops, key cards, gum, etc.. you can also put your daily cruise newsletter in them.