Camera??

07rubicon

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you shouldn't concern yourself with a camera. You'll have enough to keep track of during your certification dives without having a camera too.

To answer your first question, yes you can rent cameras for diving from some dive operators. Again, you should have a few dives under your belt before you add photography to your diving.

Ditto, Bruce is right. Just buy a small disposable waterproof camera and have one of the buddies shoot you in gear on the beach or on the surface for the BTDT photo. BTW U/W photography takes a little more than just point and shoot.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you shouldn't concern yourself with a camera. You'll have enough to keep track of during your certification dives without having a camera too.

To answer your first question, yes you can rent cameras for diving from some dive operators. Again, you should have a few dives under your belt before you add photography to your diving.

Chances are that a rental camera would not get you the pictures you see in literature. The disposables are useless with scuba, the color loss makes for terrible pictures, since you don't have a good flash. And as the previous poster said, UW photography is a little more than point and shoot.

There may be a diver on the boat that isn't participating in the OW certification you can ask them if they would be willing to get you copies of pics they take on the dive or even take them of you. Most of the photogs that dive that I know luv taking pics no matter who or whats in them.

Thank you I was wondering if that was a good idea. I guess I will forget about it and focus on what needs to be done. I am always looking for the best photo opportunties and didn't want to pass one up.

I agree with the other posters. If you want some decent underwater photos, you might use an inexpensive waterproof camera during a shallow snorkeling excursion. At less than 20 feet there's still enough light to allow for a few colorful shots. This is what I do (I don't have the $$ for good underwater photography equipment :D )

There may be a diver on the boat that isn't participating in the OW certification you can ask them if they would be willing to get you copies of pics they take on the dive or even take them of you. Most of the photogs that dive that I know luv taking pics no matter who or whats in them.

That's a good idea. I know I'm always happy to take a couple of photos of someone on a dive if they ask me to before the dive.

I totally agree I only have 25 dives under my belt and I am just now comfortable enough to steal the camera from my husband and take a few shots once I am underwater and all settled. Up to now way too much to think about without having to add camera etc..

Good luck with your certification and have a great time.

Archived