Royal Family Suite - Independence.

DoctorRN

Hi, can I just check. If you are in the Royal family suite, do you get a gold card and access the concierge amenities like the concierge lounge?

Many thanks.

Yes, the RFS gets full suite amenities.

We've had the RFS a few times both on Indy & Liberty...each time it was cabin # 9708...our favorite...The CL location at the times not a favorite but luckily we could also use the DL (we're all D+)....Enjoy this amazing cabin category :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
My sister, brother-in-law and their 3 kids had one on the Liberty. I can answer questions as well.

We are looking at booking the Royal Family Suite on Liberty. Can you tell me about the suite perks? Is there an honor bar in the concierge lounge available all day? What are the hours?

Does everyone in the room get crown and anchor points?

I know there are full room service menus. Is there a charge for room service?

Anything else outstanding about it?

We are looking at booking the Royal Family Suite on Liberty. Can you tell me about the suite perks? Is there an honor bar in the concierge lounge available all day? What are the hours?

Does everyone in the room get crown and anchor points?

I know there are full room service menus. Is there a charge for room service?

Anything else outstanding about it?

No honor bar, that comes from old info that Royal has not updated for over 10 years. There will be a free drink period every evening in the Concierge Lounge, usually from 5pm to 8:30pm. Might be shifted earlier if early dining is at 5:30pm.

Everyone who sails gets C&A points.

No charge for room service.

• 3 months later...

Hi! I just booked the family suite for my 50th birthday celebration for Feb 2019 with my sisters, daughters and girlfriends, we're gonna have an awesome time!

I found out that we all have access to the spa for the steamrooms, showers, whirlpools which is great because I usually shower and get ready for the eve up in the spa. I found out that the Concierge Lounge hosts drinks before dinner 5:30 - 8:30 each eve for open bar. I found out we have front row access at the shows, priority boarding and disembarking.

A few questions: Can someone please tell me if there are pullman beds located in the Master bedroom or the livingroom area? I know they're in the second bedroom (2 bunks and 2 beds).

Any photos of the suite with all the beds made up?

Do we all get bathrobes to use for the trip?

Any closet space in the living room area?

Do we need to tip more than we would if we had reserved a regular room, ex. the concierge? Who will need to be tipped?

Any other tips or tricks that we should know about? I'm all about being fancy when I cruise!

Thanks!

Are you sure about front row show access?

I have sailed in an RFS (and GS) on Grandeur. The reserved suite section is at the back, not the front, of the theater.

At least on Grandeur, pullmans in the second bedroom. Only normal bed in the main bedroom. Full size sofa in living area that pulls out.

Hi! I just booked the family suite for my 50th birthday celebration for Feb 2019 with my sisters, daughters and girlfriends, we're gonna have an awesome time!

I found out that we all have access to the spa for the steamrooms, showers, whirlpools which is great because I usually shower and get ready for the eve up in the spa. I found out that the Concierge Lounge hosts drinks before dinner 5:30 - 8:30 each eve for open bar.

5 to 8:30. You get half an hour more than you thought!

I found out we have front row access at the shows, priority boarding and disembarking.
The reserved seating in the theater is usually the front of the balcony.

A few questions: Can someone please tell me if there are pullman beds located in the Master bedroom or the livingroom area? I know they're in the second bedroom (2 bunks and 2 beds).
The Pullmans are in the smaller bedroom. The living area has a sofa bed.

Do we all get bathrobes to use for the trip?
Yes. Just ask if they are not in the suite when you arrive.

Any closet space in the living room area?
Yes

Do we need to tip more than we would if we had reserved a regular room, ex. the concierge? Who will need to be tipped?
Daily gratuities are $17.50 per person for your suite. It is generally accepted protocol to tip the concierge in the Concierge Lounge. Also, you should tip the servers who bring you your drinks.

Any other tips or tricks that we should know about? I'm all about being fancy when I cruise!

Thanks!

There is no charge for room service. Treat yourselves.

The reserved seating for the ice show is good, but if you get there early and run, the seats in the front row, center, are better.

5 to 8:30. You get half an hour more than you thought!

The reserved seating in the theater is usually the front of the balcony.

The Pullmans are in the smaller bedroom. The living area has a sofa bed.

Yes. Just ask if they are not in the suite when you arrive.

Yes

Daily gratuities are $17.50 per person for your suite. It is generally accepted protocol to tip the concierge in the Concierge Lounge. Also, you should tip the servers who bring you your drinks.

There is no charge for room service. Treat yourselves.

The reserved seating for the ice show is good, but if you get there early and run, the seats in the front row, center, are better.

Thanks again!!!