Discover Rewards booking?

gkrnjlr

Has anyone used their Discover Rewards for booking a cruise with NCL? If so, how did it work? Can you book directly with your PCC and have the Discover Rewards applied? Or do I have to go through Discover's travel agency? When I called them to inquire about the rewards and program I asked if I could then apply my Cruise Reward to our booking as the down payment and was told in a very rude manner "You AREN'T getting a reward from NCL. It's a reward from Discover." I tried to explain what the Cruise Reward was and the rep was just clueless.

I like my PCC and would prefer to stick with her for bookings anyway. So is it even worth using the rewards towards a booking on NCL?

Thanks!

Has anyone used their Discover Rewards for booking a cruise with NCL? If so, how did it work? Can you book directly with your PCC and have the Discover Rewards applied? Or do I have to go through Discover's travel agency? When I called them to inquire about the rewards and program I asked if I could then apply my Cruise Reward to our booking as the down payment and was told in a very rude manner "You AREN'T getting a reward from NCL. It's a reward from Discover." I tried to explain what the Cruise Reward was and the rep was just clueless.

I like my PCC and would prefer to stick with her for bookings anyway. So is it even worth using the rewards towards a booking on NCL?

Thanks!

When redeeming your Discover cash back bonus, it clearly states how you have to book. Not NCL.

If you have a Future Cruise Deposit, it is tied in with your Latitudes number so it would be there.

We are not allowed to discuss any agencies on Cruise Critic.

When redeeming your Discover cash back bonus, it clearly states how you have to book. Not NCL.

If you have a Future Cruise Deposit, it is tied in with your Latitudes number so it would be there.

We are not allowed to discuss any agencies on Cruise Critic.

I won't discuss the agency, but you did answer my question for me.

Thank you!

I looked at using mine through discover but it was cheaper (even with the reward) to book through our agent. I am using my saved up rewards as my very own "onboard credit".

Fabulous idea! :D

Archived