Y'all are right about the MATTRESS!

On Freedom of the Seas right now. Our bed has an egg crate topper on it, but the bed is still hard as a block of cement. I've been on this shi at least ten times before--not returning after this cruise.

Just got off FOS Dec 20th...our mattress had an eggcrate when we arrived. It was quite comfortable.

I have found the matresses on all our RCI sailings to be "painfully" hard....they actually hurt my back and I ended up sleeping on the sofa in our room each time. Just AWFUL thin mattresses on plastic "bunky boards" (like camp beds) that are HARD as rocks and very uncomfortable for us.

I'm pretty certain at this point that I will be buying a cheap memory foam topper to bring on the ship. I'm wondering if it's best to just stick a luggage tag on it and check it or if I would be better just carrying it on with me and dropping in the cabin when we get on the ship. I really don't care if I looks silly as long as I sleep good .

I can't think of a cruise where I had an uncomfortable mattress. Could they have fixed it for you? I've actually had my best sleep on cruises.

The problem is they are changing the mattress on all ships it appears. We never had an issue until the cruise 3 weeks ago, and I had just had great sleep 2 months prior on a different ship. They added the mattress topper to ours; but it still was not as comfortable as any of the previous cruises we had been on. Supposedly they are doing away with having these available to add to your bed.

It's 10:17 p.m. I'm so tired - got up really early today. I can't sleep on this mattress, even with TWO crate mattress topers. My back is killing me already. Anyone have an idea about where I can sleep? It's going to be an awfully LONG week :(

Could you take the cushions from the sofa and make a mattress from it?

Do they have roll away beds?

This is just absolutely ridiculous that folks are having such issues with the new matresses.

The problem is they are changing the mattress on all ships it appears. We never had an issue until the cruise 3 weeks ago, and I had just had great sleep 2 months prior on a different ship. They added the mattress topper to ours; but it still was not as comfortable as any of the previous cruises we had been on. Supposedly they are doing away with having these available to add to your bed.

Oh goodness, why are they doing this?? Ugh, I thought I could always guarantee an amazing nights sleep on a cruise .. I guess not anymore.

Oh goodness, why are they doing this?? Ugh, I thought I could always guarantee an amazing nights sleep on a cruise .. I guess not anymore.

You are taking the opinion of around 20 - 30 people out of thousands. You do the math. ;)

You are taking the opinion of around 20 - 30 people out of thousands. You do the math. ;)

30 people on CC and probably many more that aren't on this forum and don't know where to voice their complaints. These complaints are from across the fleet. RCCL has made a big mistake...no one should dread going to bed on their cruises. It came to that for me this last cruise. On all my other cruises previously I had LOVED my nights underway. Somehow RCCL has to change out these terribly awful mattresses. How can we bring this problem to their attention in a BIG way?

I was in a GS on Serenade and the bed was hard as a rock!!

I asked my steward to please put on an egg crate topper. He put on THREE!

Yay!

So much better!

I can't believe they have Flintstone beds on these ships. :eek:

Sea Princess...guess staying in a GS helps...we were in a balcony on Serenade in Nov. and our steward ignored our request for 1 egg rate. Our bed was as hard as yours I'm sure. 10 nights is a long time to get very little sleep. The more I hear others having the same problem the madder I get. RCCL has made a bad mistake that they have to rectify.

I'm on the Anthem soon...can someone tell me the size of the bed so I can get the right size toppers? Are the sofa beds and pull downs as hard as the main beds?

I believe the cabin description on the website gives the dimensions. I would live to see a close up pic of the mattress or maybe the tag

Do you think these would be the same mattresses that are on anthem ?

We were on the 11/30/15 sailing and we had the Flintstone beds they were awful . Every day we would see people napping in two 70 on the couches and joked that they couldn't sleep in their beds either. Other than the beds we loved the ship. Have a great cruise. :)

Sailed Anthem over Christmas. Bed was incredibly hard. Asked steward for an egg topper but didn't get it until the second night. It helped a bit, but only to help decrease some of those pressure points. It certainly didn't make the mattress give more or be welcoming, just lessened the rock hard feel underneath.

The other problem is with the new pillows. They really were awful. Luckily I had two pillows from home in our dive bag that we use to carry the boys' flowboard to cushion it. I used those to ease the problem.