Balcony Breakfast & Dinner paying in advance with OBC

trbarton

Has anyone been able to reserve the Balcony Breakfast or Dinner paying in advance with OBC?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Tom, I don't even see an option in my cruise personlizer for pre-purchase of these dining experiences.

Tom, I don't even see an option in my cruise personlizer for pre-purchase of these dining experiences.

I tried with no luck - our agent called/asked and they said due to volume (of OBC dining credit) they will pre-assign folks to spevial dining (likely Crowne Grill) and then we can ask to change days/times if space is available.

I tried with no luck - our agent called/asked and they said due to volume (of OBC dining credit) they will pre-assign folks to spevial dining (likely Crowne Grill) and then we can ask to change days/times if space is available.

Actually, the OP was asking pre-reserving the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and Breakfast which as the name implies is served in your cabin. He was also asking about paying for it with OBC.

The answer provided is that you cannot pre-reserve so the OBC question is not applicable.

In response to what your TA told you, I have never heard anything like that before. One restriction on pre-reserving dinner in the specialty restaurants is that it can't be done for embarkation night. This is because suite guests as well as many other passengers that receive free specialty dinner as a perk receive the benefit on the first night. I have not seen any restrictions on pre-reserving the other nights since Princess started offering this option.

Actually, the OP was asking pre-reserving the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and Breakfast which as the name implies is served in your cabin. He was also asking about paying for it with OBC.

The answer provided is that you cannot pre-reserve so the OBC question is not applicable.

In response to what your TA told you, I have never heard anything like that before. One restriction on pre-reserving dinner in the specialty restaurants is that it can't be done for embarkation night. This is because suite guests as well as many other passengers that receive free specialty dinner as a perk receive the benefit on the first night. I have not seen any restrictions on pre-reserving the other nights since Princess started offering this option.

Oops - thanks for the corrections; will discuss whether to look into it ahead or sort it near start when arriving on board.

I have pre-booked the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for our July Caribbean sailing. I had to search a bit on my personalised but found it under the Culinary Delights section of the Onboard Reservations. Had to pay on c card though instead of using OBC.

Indeed, I booked ours (Breakfast) ahead of the cruise in August. Figured "What the heck" if I waited, might not get to enjoy it - so out came the CC. One question, however, can we pick what we want for breakfast? I mean, I'm an omelette, hash browns and bacon kind of guy and my DW is more comfortable with fruit and yogurt...

Indeed, I booked ours (Breakfast) ahead of the cruise in August. Figured "What the heck" if I waited, might not get to enjoy it - so out came the CC. One question, however, can we pick what we want for breakfast? I mean, I'm an omelette, hash browns and bacon kind of guy and my DW is more comfortable with fruit and yogurt...

This is their description but like the UBD it’s possible to modify the standard menu to meet your preferences:

includes specialty pastries, fresh fruits, quiche, smoked salmon and other special treats served with a half bottle of chilled sparkling wine”.

The breakfast’s service is much different than at dinner which is served in courses by tuxedoed waitstaff. Breakfast is delivered all at once & they stack the covered plates to serve yourself. Both meals are a lot of food so bring your appetite. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer