Cape Liberty Drop Off Questions

This is my first cruise out of Cape Liberty and have a few questions.

If you park your car in the lot/garage how far a walk is it to the entrance for check in?

We want to carry on our suitcase which are each 23 and 1/2 in by 16 and 1/2 in. Will they fit thru their scanners?

If we have to check the luggage do I drop off my husband with the luggage and go park? Is it easy to find the entrance to the garage?

Thanks

Joanne

If you park your car in the lot/garage how far a walk is it to the entrance for check in?

We want to carry on our suitcase which are each 23 and 1/2 in by 16 and 1/2 in. Will they fit thru their scanners?

If we have to check the luggage do I drop off my husband with the luggage and go park? Is it easy to find the entrance to the garage?

Thanks

Joanne

The garage is next to the customs area of the terminal. It is a short walk to the terminal from the garage or the parking lot.

Your carryons will fit through the scanner.

You have to drive by the drop off area anyway, so you can definitely drop off your husband and go park even if you're not checking luggage.

You can't miss the garage entrance. However, depending on your cruise date and the time you arrive, you could be directed to park in the open lot. Open lot parking is being used when there are 3 ships/week sailing from Cape Liberty (late April to Oct)

Here's a youtube video. The important stuff starts at 10:00.

• 2 weeks later...
Im curious where they got a coupon for the parking garage???

In the video they stated that they booked at an AAA Travel Show and got a free parking coupon as one of the perks with the booking.

Thanks

Joanne

From Cape Liberty Website:

Luggage Drop-off

All passengers s have the option to self-carry their luggage onboard. Elevators inside the terminal must be used for passengers with excess luggage. No luggage carts are available in the terminal. Any luggage that does not fit through the terminal screening machine will have to be checked through the porter delivery service. Maximum dimension for self-carry luggage is 23" x 16".

I think cruisequeen007 will be just fine with her luggage size. They don't measure it precisely and her quoted size is close enough.

I agree. It just has to fit through the scanners and she probably had these through airport scanners before.