How did you book Pullmantur?

dad son team

We have previously booked Pullmantur through an online agent in the US, but most recently we booked directly with Pullmantur in Madrid and all in English. Here is the site: https://www.pullmantur.es/en/home

To make payments you have to call Spain (I use Skype) and there will be an English speaking option when you call.

One advantage of booking direct is that you can take advantage of low or no cost air transfers out of Barcelona or Madrid for several cruises which can make a difference should you want to depart on a cruise out of Rostok/Berlin for example. The US agent we dealt with previously could not make air arrangements.

Thanks Plato123, that is what I was thinking I have to do. I don't care for the one US agency that I can find them on so I was looking for alternative. I would be doing a Med cruise out of Rome of Barcelona so no transfers needed, unless they want to get me from FCO to Citavecchia.

They are who we booked through. Never had an issue. Have book about 1/2 a dozen thru them.

I would say, vacations to go, is the best to book through, as I have had great service with them through CDF & Pullmantur!

• 2 months later...
They are who we booked through. Never had an issue. Have book about 1/2 a dozen thru them.

I'm so glad to read this! The prices on VTGo are so good for the Horizon next Feb or March that it makes me wary. We haven't cruised much lately, but I love Spain and am looking at spending our Anniversary on either the Horizon to the Canary Islands, or the Sovereign in Greece. Does anyone have an opinion as to one ship or itenerary over the other?

Thanks so much. CC people are the best!

• 3 months later...

We live in Australia and are interested in a Pullmantur cruise on the Zenith to Norway in May 2018. It appears that no travel agencies here deal with Pullmantur. Our options are a US agency called Vacations To Go or perhaps the Pullmantur website that some-one here kindly mentioned. Can any-one advise us accordingly? Many thanks in advance.

I just booked via vacations to go, May 12 from Helsinki to Rostock, our first ever cruise. As I don't live in US, the agent called me to make a credit card deposit payment, he also reminded me certain things on the phone.

Hope everything will be alright.

We used vacations to go - found them very helpful.

Thank you. I have just booked through VTG, and we are really looking forward to this cruise. Even though we have cruised before the idea of going on a Spanish ship is really exciting and different. I have been to Sweden 5 times and once to Rostock/Warnemude but have only dreamt of cruising the Norwegian fjords. Does any-one here know if a roll call/thread has started for the Zenith departing May 19, 2018? I haven't been able to find this cruise on CC. Thanks again every-one.

Ann

(Australia)

Seems you will be on board to zenith very soon, would you please update us the condition of that ship? Because VTG agent keeps reminding me that ship is old...

This is one of celebrity's older ships. The reviews I've read are good, especially when it comes to service. We have good experiences of the older smaller HAL ships, so looking forward to this. Will post a review when we get back

This is one of celebrity's older ships. The reviews I've read are good, especially when it comes to service. We have good experiences of the older smaller HAL ships, so looking forward to this. Will post a review when we get back

I too look forward to hearing your review PaulnKarl. I have also read good reviews particularly about the food.

• 5 months later...

We live in Spain. And have booked a cruise with them for next month out of Barcelona via a local travel agent. You could try http://www.pullmantur.co.uk as they are the uk based arm,or http://www.pullmantur.es but this site will be in Spanish. But try a local TA.

Have cruised with them before on the Zenith and will be on the Sovereign next month out of Barcelona.

They are a very Spanish line and most of the other guest will be Spanish but don’t let that put you off,as all the staff speak English and tannoy messages are repeated in English. They may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the bigger lines but they are good at what they do. The shore excursions are mostly in Spanish this is true but they do some in English if they get enough takers or they may have a guide who speaks a couple of languages,say German and English and will repeat in both. The other good thing is all your drinks are included in the price. They also say the gratuity’s are also included in price but not sure about as I have read a few comments saying this is not the case and that gratuity was added to account at the end of cruise,will have to see next month. The entertainment is mainly dance based but the CD speaks mainly Spanish. But there are plenty of bars around the ship and the Spanish love to dance, ballroom and Latin.

Hope this helps.

We have booked with *************. When you go on their website, the price you see does not include the tax or gratuities, pullmantur now have these included in their price. If you request a quote from *************, that will show everything that's included.

We communicated through their agent, then when we had decided to book, and chosen our cabin, we sent all the necessary information and she called us at a pre-arranged time to take the deposit payment. We have used them several times and never had a problem.

If you book through the Pullmantur website directly, and you are in Europe you will pay in euros. If through ************* you will pay in $US Strangely, when converted into £UK, which is what I am paying in, the price comes out better being price in $. I have no idea why, and the Pullmantur website does showing pricing in $. They assure me though, booking in the european market you will be charged the euro price. It made a difference of £120 per cabin on our category of cabin - inside FL, which is the one where you can choose your cabin. The cheapest category, they allocate so you could be anywhere on the ship.

It's all been very straightforward.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...