Web Page Under Maintainance

gerelmx

Hopefully, they are actually creating a website with real and reliable functionality. However, their timing is not good by doing this during the day. What happens to people who are trying to print out their Express Pass, view excursions, etc. I'm surprised they didn't wait to take the website down until late at night. But that would presume that they understand how disruptions can affect customers' experiences.

The website is like a child throwing a tantrum, stomping out of the room, then returning and saying "and another thing" on a never ending loop...that accomplishes little but frustration and anger!:confused::eek:

• 2 months later...

Holy Moley, the site is so bad my wife threw her hands up in disgust, logged out, and booked next year's Greek Isles cruise with RCI instead of Celebrity. Looks like we will fly into Rome instead of Venice.

I happen to like Celebrity. It is very frustrating that it is so difficult to make what should be a simple booking.

I suggest they process their web developer's payroll via the website. Maybe it would get fixed then.

Nothing new with this. RCI and Celebrity do their web site maintenance and updates on the weekends. This is a frequent occurrence at that time. Been that way for years. Many similar CC threads as well.

Aw, this is good to know, thanks. Not exactly the best business plan. Most people work Mon - Fri and might want to book during a weekend. Soooo, maybe not the best decision. Haha.

Aw, this is good to know, thanks. Not exactly the best business plan. Most people work Mon - Fri and might want to book during a weekend. Soooo, maybe not the best decision. Haha.

I've been in IT since 1979 and everywhere I've worked virtually all maintenance is done on weekends. The only exception might be emergency maintenance. In our current global economy no matter when you schedule maintenance you'll impact someone. There are ways to minimize the impact, of course, but it's difficult to eliminate.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been in IT since 1979 and everywhere I've worked virtually all maintenance is done on weekends. The only exception might be emergency maintenance. In our current global economy no matter when you schedule maintenance you'll impact someone. There are ways to minimize the impact, of course, but it's difficult to eliminate.

Sure, I believe what you say is 100% accurate. But in Celebrity's case, this goes well beyond a minor impact from site maintenance. From a customer perspective they might as well not even have a web site. My experience is the issues are a lot different than inconvenience from routine maintenance.