No Medallion but OBC

psternklar

Cruises on the Royal Princess starting in mid January were also supposed to be medallion cruises. Does anyone know if compensation is being offered for those on the Royal? I’m just assuming that if they haven’t got it operational on the Regal it’s not going to be on the Royal either.

I never saw anything about Royal being a medallion cruise anytime soon. About half way down the page shows which ships and approximately when ***** will get rolled out. https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

If anyone has a picture from the princess website that shows a royal cruise in March of 18 with the medallion banner, please post it as they are now denying it was a medallion cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dear Bill:

Called Princess and got a representative that seemed to know and be informative. Basically it is what we know. They are having a longer time getting the glitches out of the program on the Regal and getting it going. Knowing that, they don't want to go through the disappointed customers for Royal that they do Regal (I translate that into OBC), they have taken the Royal off of the ***** program until things get worked out. For my March, 2018, cruise, the banner was taken off and she agreed by the way, but that doesn't mean that if things turn around and things start moving faster and smoother that the Royal won't be put back online to be ***** cruises. I.E., they have learned from the Regal fiasco. She even reiterated that initially Royal was supposed to go ***** online on January 19th, 2018, so my rep. wasn't denying anything.

Pooh

What is the big deal, just a money maker for the cruise line... glad they will not have it on my Grand Princess cruise...

What is the big deal???

The big deal to me is that the marketing and hype, over the entire past year, has promised way more than Princess can deliver, and still keep to their original timeline. Implementing the ***** concept has proven to be more complicated than anyone anticipated ... this is not as simple as expanding the capabilities of the Princess at Sea app. This ever-changng rollout has become very embarrassing for the company, as they modify their website info and re-spin the program.

Indeed, would have been interesting had they enhanced Princess at Sea, contracted with the likes of Samsung for boatloads of devices (I bought a Samsung On5 at Best Buy to use as a music player only ... $50), placed devices in cabins for each passenger. Way less angst and $$$.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app

I just called - they offered $50 per person. I am in balcony on Regal. Booked with TA. Could probably insist to talk a customer representative to go higher then that but was not in a mood. My guess is too many people are calling now so they reduced it to $50

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just called to ask about the ***** email we received; we were told it's a great thing yada, yada, yada. But, you're not apart of it. LOL....I was put through to a very sweet young woman who was going to put us on the waiting list. We would lose our mini-suite with extended balcony, etc. I said no, perhaps we could get the OBC I read about on CC? I punted and decided to ask, why not?

She said sure, let me get Guest Relations on the line and work on that! I was on hold for approximately 12 minutes waiting to hear the verdict.

It is $100 per passenger! Plus, they are giving it to our friends who are sailing with us and basically know nothing about the *****!!

All I can say is that Princess came through like a C-H-A-M-P in Customer Service!!

I just called to ask about the ***** email we received; we were told it's a great thing yada, yada, yada. But, you're not apart of it. LOL....I was put through to a very sweet young woman who was going to put us on the waiting list. We would lose our mini-suite with extended balcony, etc. I said no, perhaps we could get the OBC I read about on CC? I punted and decided to ask, why not?

She said sure, let me get Guest Relations on the line and work on that! I was on hold for approximately 12 minutes waiting to hear the verdict.

It is $100 per passenger! Plus, they are giving it to our friends who are sailing with us and basically know nothing about the *****!!

All I can say is that Princess came through like a C-H-A-M-P in Customer Service!!

The reason it would have changed your stateroom is because there are only 110 rooms that have the new medallion reader installed in front of the door. That's what gets you into your stateroom. It will read both the Medallion and the cruise card. Oh, one limitation on the medallion, at least at the present ;point is that if you have a pacemaker installed, you will not be able to have a Medallion at all.

Tom

Yesterday TA requested obc for us for our 2 Regal January cruises and it was denied. I called later myself and was denied also. Customer service said they don't know what they are going to do and to check back in mid December. Sure would like that extra obc to spend onboard.

... there are only 110 rooms that have the new medallion reader installed in front of the door. That's what gets you into your stateroom. It will read both the Medallion and the cruise card.

Does anybody know why there are only 110 rooms with the medallion reader installed at the door? The ship went into dry dock in April 2017 so it could be ready for the November rollout.

To me, this is exceptionally poor implementation and management by Princess.

People have eluded to the fact that we should expect glitches when something of this calibre is new and being rolled out. I agree with this in principle. For example, I wouldn't have a problem if my Little Tagalong was a turtle but I wanted an Octopus. That's a glitch.

Not having the readers installed at stateroom doors, or the readers not granting access, isn't a glitch. These are fundamental essentials of the technology that should have been tested and tested again and again in a lab before ever announcing a firm roll-out date.

If readers still aren't installed, and Princess has a valid reason for this, then Princess should have converted from ***** to ***** PREVIEW long before final payment due dates on all upcoming cruises.

It would be much better for people to think that all Regal cruises between now and 'july' (or whenever) are PREVIEW but then be pleasantly surprised IF Princess completes a full rollout earlier.

But this 'keeping clients hoping' and not notifying until after final payment that you aren't part of the *****, is flat out ludicrous and disrespectful to the PRINCESS customers.

I realize many don't care if they get it, and many hope they won't, but there are some people who booked this cruise months ago, for this reason alone (*****).

Add to this insult is people have to call in to ask (or beg) for OBC - some are told yes, some are told no, some are given different amounts. All staterooms not selected for ***** should get the same OBC automatically applied (or a standard amount based on cabin type booked). That would be an organization being accountable for not delivering on what they promise to the customer.

This is being handled as professionally as Celebrity is handling their website - threw that in for those of you who read both threads ;). Sarcasm intended.

Calling Princess tomorrow. We sail on 1/14 and just received word that we're not *****. We chose this ship over others for the ***** factor (new, thought it sounded neat), so we're disappointed. But some extra OBC would help make it right.

What ship and when, please

Dear Bill:

Called Princess and got a representative that seemed to know and be informative. Basically it is what we know. They are having a longer time getting the glitches out of the program on the Regal and getting it going. Knowing that, they don't want to go through the disappointed customers for Royal that they do Regal (I translate that into OBC), they have taken the Royal off of the ***** program until things get worked out. For my March, 2018, cruise, the banner was taken off and she agreed by the way, but that doesn't mean that if things turn around and things start moving faster and smoother that the Royal won't be put back online to be ***** cruises. I.E., they have learned from the Regal fiasco. She even reiterated that initially Royal was supposed to go ***** online on January 19th, 2018, so my rep. wasn't denying anything.

Pooh

Thanks Pooh. I am also on the royal in March. They offered me nothing even though it was supposed to be an ***** cruise. Did they just say sorry to you too? Here on cc it seems some are getting OBC

People have eluded to the fact that we should expect glitches when something of this calibre is new and being rolled out. I agree with this in principle.

There are many posters here who are eluded by facts. :)

BTW, I completely agree with you about the roll out.

This was something that should have been beta-tested on ships long before

the first revenue cruise.

For instance, rather than having to disappoint many customers and only offer the medallions

to 100 cabins...

For a month or two before the scheduled roll out, they could have offered medallions to 100 beta-testers.

Just put a little note in the patter:

"If you would like to try the new medallion prior to the official start, visit the passenger services desk.

Quantities are limited.

Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.

etc."

If there are problems for those folks, it doesn't make the company look bad, and even those

customers know they are helping to test something new.

I have been reading these posts and find it so disappointing and frustrating that customer service is not offering the same obc across the board. I am doing a b2b and was told that my cabin may still be part of the test group for my Jan/Feb. sailings on the Regal. No resolution. Just curious if those that were offered the obc are Elite passengers?

I just checked Princess and I see the $120 OBC, but, my $100 OBC for future cruise deposits disappeared, I called them and they won't tell me anything because I booked thru a travel agent. I haven't used a TA in years, but decided to transfer this booking to a local TA, not going to do that again.

BTW - we're booked on the 7 day and am Platinum.

For those people who have received OBC, did you book directly with Princess and call to get the OBC or did some of you book with a TA but call directly. If you are booked with a TA, does the TA have to be the one to call for the OBC?

Through TA but I called directly for this issue.

I have been reading these posts and find it so disappointing and frustrating that customer service is not offering the same obc across the board. I am doing a b2b and was told that my cabin may still be part of the test group for my Jan/Feb. sailings on the Regal. No resolution. Just curious if those that were offered the obc are Elite passengers?

I'm not Elite (only gold), and after several "holds" and one transfer to the relations department, I was finally able to speak with someone who issued my OBC. My parents, who are travelling with us, are Elite, but I don't think it had anything to do with why we got the credit.

Does anybody know why there are only 110 rooms with the medallion reader installed at the door? The ship went into dry dock in April 2017 so it could be ready for the November rollout.

To me, this is exceptionally poor implementation and management by Princess.

People have eluded to the fact that we should expect glitches when something of this calibre is new and being rolled out. I agree with this in principle. For example, I wouldn't have a problem if my Little Tagalong was a turtle but I wanted an Octopus. That's a glitch.

Not having the readers installed at stateroom doors, or the readers not granting access, isn't a glitch. These are fundamental essentials of the technology that should have been tested and tested again and again in a lab before ever announcing a firm roll-out date.

If readers still aren't installed, and Princess has a valid reason for this, then Princess should have converted from ***** to ***** PREVIEW long before final payment due dates on all upcoming cruises.

It would be much better for people to think that all Regal cruises between now and 'july' (or whenever) are PREVIEW but then be pleasantly surprised IF Princess completes a full rollout earlier.

But this 'keeping clients hoping' and not notifying until after final payment that you aren't part of the *****, is flat out ludicrous and disrespectful to the PRINCESS customers.

I realize many don't care if they get it, and many hope they won't, but there are some people who booked this cruise months ago, for this reason alone (*****).

Add to this insult is people have to call in to ask (or beg) for OBC - some are told yes, some are told no, some are given different amounts. All staterooms not selected for ***** should get the same OBC automatically applied (or a standard amount based on cabin type booked). That would be an organization being accountable for not delivering on what they promise to the customer.

This is being handled as professionally as Celebrity is handling their website - threw that in for those of you who read both threads ;). Sarcasm intended.

I agree, completely.

Yesterday TA requested obc for us for our 2 Regal January cruises and it was denied. I called later myself and was denied also. Customer service said they don't know what they are going to do and to check back in mid December. Sure would like that extra obc to spend onboard.

Thanks for the thread on CC

Received email for Jan sailing stating my cabin would not have ***** and I called Princess direct even tho I booked with TA

Asked for customer relations and agent asked why I was calling. Told him I would like OBC

Said just a minute and came back and told me we would get 100 pp

Thanks for the thread on CC

Received email for Jan sailing stating my cabin would not have ***** and I called Princess direct even tho I booked with TA

Asked for customer relations and agent asked why I was calling. Told him I would like OBC

Said just a minute and came back and told me we would get 100 pp[/quote

Hi, we were told yesterday yes to OBC but must wait for TA to do whatever she has to do for me to receive confirmation. May I please ask, is your OBC showing up on your booking now. Or are you like me and have to wait for TA?

If any one knows or has a guess why it goes thru TA I would be interested in hearing your views. It appears some are bypassing this, but I do not know if OBC funds were automatically deposited.

Very interesting experience.

We booked through a TA for our 2/18, 7 day on the Regal. After we got the “no ***** for you” email on Friday, I called Princess directly and on the 2nd call got a $100 pp ($200 total for my wife and I) OBC. We’re in an obstructed view balcony. I had to be firm and insistent, but polite, and that worked.

My brother in law and sister in law who are traveling with us called after I did and they got it with 1 call.

I did call our TA about getting the Soda and more pkg removed. We’d prepaid for it and wanted to use the OBC money to cover it. She had to call Princess and it was done in 10 minutes. Showed up as “customer satisfaction” on our account page on the cruise personalizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums