Interesting update on upcoming royal sailings!!!

PoohUnderstands

Ok, now I KNOW for sure that Princess reads our threads, but how did they know it was me?

Pooh

Yeah some people give out waaaaaaay to much information thinking they are on an "anonymous" message board.

You have talked about your different cruises by month and ship, you said what day you called Princess and you have your location listed at the top of you posts.

For Princess it only took them about 3 seconds in their search engine to find you and your phone number. Scary isn't it.

But thank you for reporting back what you were told.

Ok, now I KNOW for sure that Princess reads our threads, but how did they know it was me?

Just got a call from a gentleman in corporate as he wanted to correct the mis-information that I was given when I wrote this thread (and the rep. who gave me the information is being updated to the correct information.) First of all there is no blanket $50 pp OBC being given out. It is on a one by one personal contact basis.

Also the free entire cruise internet for Elite and Platinum was just for the first couple cruises on the Regal as they were short ones and it was part of their apology for Regal ***** not being up and running. Also, the really cool high speed internet of the Regal( and it is running at a "better" higher speed than even they were expecting) will probably NOT be up and running for my March cruise on the Royal.

So basically the entire conversation given to me by this first representative was completely in error!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys, there you have it. Oh, as an apology from Princess for the incorrect information, I received immediately $100pp OBC for my March cruise. I know things can get a little frustrating with Princess sometimes, but I do believe that they do try more than other companies and they are trying to keep up with things.

Pooh

Unless something has changed since the other day they're still telling the internet managers that the high speed internet will be up & running by the first of the year.

Unless something has changed since the other day they're still telling the internet managers that the high speed internet will be up & running by the first of the year.

Are you referring to high speed internet on the Royal Princess, and if so, where did you get this info? I'll be on the December 30 sailing and was considering purchasing internet minutes in advance, but may wait if it's likely that high speed internet will be working by then.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

And another interesting aside. While I was on the phone with the corporate rep. I received an email....... "the email" stating that my October, 2018, cruise will not be an ***** one either. There it is official. Another disappointment.

Wow. That is a huge delay, and apparently growing.

We are booked on the jan 19 sailing for 4 cruises. Jan 19 was to be the first ***** cruise. I called yesterday and spoke with a lovely agent named Irma who worked with me and a supervisor and got a $100 per person per cruise good will on board credit. So give them a call.

I'm on this cruise too. I booked with a T A . Will she need to call or can I call to get the obc ?

I'm on this cruise too. I booked with a T A . Will she need to call or can I call to get the obc ?

I would call first as it will be more efficient if they will do it for you right then and there. Hopefully now, as they are giving out OBC readily, they will do it for you. If not, you will have to have your TA call and get it for you.

Pooh

I would call first as it will be more efficient if they will do it for you right then and there. Hopefully now, as they are giving out OBC readily, they will do it for you. If not, you will have to have your TA call and get it for you.

Pooh

Thanks. Will do.

In this age of instant communications, I find it hard to understand why every Princess employee who answers phone calls or email from passengers and travel agents can't respond from the same script. Consistently inconsistent should be their motto.

I have booked a 20 day cruise that is made up of 2 ten day cruises. I am getting two cruise credits for this cruise even though it was booked under one booking number. This cruise on the Royal has had the ***** canceled and OBC given to those who have called in or had their TA call in. Some have gotten $100 pp for the 20 day cruise while others have gotten $100 pp for each 10 day cruise segment.

The decision to give customer satisfaction OBC should come from one individual in the Princess management and his or her instructions about it should be transmitted to every Princess representative who answers customer calls. Then there would be no inconsistencies. These inconsistencies just cause more people to make more calls and more work and expense for Princess.