AVIS Car Rental-Curaçao MegaPier-Do NOT use!

CruiseMuch?

After more than 1 negative experiences, I feel I have to post this. I have rented, or attempted to use AVIS in Curaçao 3 times, here are my experiences:

1) July 2016, got a car that was 3/8’s on fuel, dropped it off with at least that much gas or more, they later charged me $17 dollar fuel refilling fee. They can do this as I am back home when I see the charge. $17 is not enough to spend much time trying to get this refunded.

2) July 2017, no one showed up for work, when someone finally arrived to open the store, they were backed up. They helped us 2nd since we had a reservation, but we still waited for about an hour for help, another 30 min for them to find a car, finally got in a car and rode with the agent several blocks away to get a car. Wasted a good chunk of our port day.

3) January 2018, I gave them one more try. Again, ship was closed when we got there. When they opened she had no cars. Not that they rented them before we arrived, they opened up with zero cars, in spite of our reservation.

I used them b/c you can make a reservation on the Avis website, but it’s pointless.

I am done with them & want to warn others.

They do not know how to do business!

Anyone want to live in Curaçao? Open up a car rental agency near the ship, you can make some buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

We had a negative experience at their holiday beach hotel location.

Got there and the 12 seater we rented wasn't available.

We were given 2 cars instead. They seated 11 combined. They told us to just jam an extra person in one....

This also meant a 2nd driver was needed. Fortunately someone else brought their license and hadn't had any alcohol.

The staff person seemed grumpy and didn't give clear instructions. Partly because it seemed like she didn't know a lot of English. Very frustrating.

• 1 month later...

We tried to rent a car with Avis in Curaçao once, but never again. Despite our reservation we made months before and after a long wait in their office, the girl told us in a blunt way she had no car for us. We lost almost half of our day, since we had to find another solution for the plans we made. Last month we used a local small company "Advance Car Rental Curaçao", run by Celestino and we had the best car rental experience ever! Top service!