Brief Summary of the Liberty 3/15-18

Tank's Mom

Took a quick cruise to see if my step son would like it. Since I’m a teacher I’m limited to school vacations so spring break it was! Lots of kids and college aged kids there, but honestly they were fine. We didn’t witness one rude kid, and only had one group of college kids who were obnoxious (more on that later).

We stayed at the Radisson at the Port the night before. It was a bit chilly so the pool was pretty empty but we made the best of it. It’s only a 2 hour drive for us but I didn’t want to deal with I-4 traffic the morning of the cruise. Hotel was good, we paid $11 extra for a suite and it was worth it. SS (12 years old, going on 18) wanted privacy so he could text his girlfriend so DH and I watched a movie in the living room. Ate at Grills and it was great! They had heaters outside so we were able to enjoy the deck. Food and service were very good. I’m also a server/bartender so I notice service issues. I’m not overly critical since I know what can cause bad service, but I also know when it is the servers fault. It was super busy so management took our order. I wish my manager was like that [emoji23]

We had FTTF so we reserved the 10:30 shuttle. We were loaded at 10:15. Got to the port at 11 (shuttle waited for a few more people). Breezed through and boarded at 11:30. Only FTTF complaint was that people without priority on out floor got their luggage before us. I know it happens, but thought that we should have been before non priority. Went to guest services and had a limit put on SS account, and that alone made FTTF worth it. First day was chilly. Had some burgers, a few drinks and relaxed. SS went to circle C because we are apparently not cool anymore.

We didn’t get cheers this time because we had to be responsible, not cool, adults. I brought 2 bottles of wine and DH ordered beers when he wanted them. We loved Cheers last year but this was a better choice this time. Our bill was pretty low since we had OBC. We did feel like our cruise had a different vibe since we sat at the bars less. Not bad, but not the same as the Conquest last May.

Nassau is not my favorite port but we wanted to show SS around. We did a walking tour and grabbed some lunch. Went to Junkanoo for a short time since SS wanted to see the water.

Overall the cruise was good. Some slight issues....

We never got our free past guest liters of water. And only one towel animal. I have no idea why the animal bothers me. Oh well.... we had ordered water for the room so it was fine I suppose.

“Formal” night was pretty bad. They let a group of spring breakers in, wearing costumes. Like tutus (they were all male) and Spider-Man body suit, Santa body suit, genie in a bottle with no shirt, just an open vest, and a few other terrible choices. They were super loud, ran around the dining room, talked loudly on “shell phones” and were trashed. Opened champagne and hit a woman nearby in the face. Security came over but didn’t do much. Ruined dinner for many.

The service was also bad that night. We were there for 2.5 hours. Never got a dessert menu, and our plates were never taken away from us for apps or main course. They just sat in front of us dirty. We missed Flick which I really wanted to see because we got our main course as it was starting. We finally just left the dining room. The other 2 nights were fine for service. I don’t think our head waiter had the other 2 team waiters that night. Other sections seemed fine, and people came way after us and left way before us.

Alchemy bar is usually my favorite but sadly, I had bad service there too. I got there when the bar was pretty empty. I was told I was next. The bartender then served someone who came after me, and then someone else after me, then left and waited on a table that came 15 minutes after me. Every time she made a drink she would tell me I was next. After about 30 minutes I left and got a sub par Martini in the piano bar. She wasn’t busy at all for me to be ignored, and as a bartender I know what it should be like. Her loss, I tip really well because I understand the job. If she was busy it would be a different story. I’m a very polite customer so I didn’t get it. I wanted one martini the entire trip so I was disappointed. I just didn’t want to keep sitting there since I was annoyed.

Piano bar and atrium bar were great. Since SS in kids club quite a bit we went to serenity. Plenty of chairs open, and loungers. Bar was busy, but moving.

Debarking took 15 minutes from room to shuttle at 830. Hotel shuttle was right there so we hopped on.

SS liked it so we will do a longer cruise next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh. And Donkey was on vacation so our Cruise Director was Tevin. He was young and energetic. I’m not one who cares much about the CD. Just mentioning it in case someone is traveling soon and is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums