Viking Sky out of Venice- which pier?

dcruisers

We are looking forward to sailing Viking Sky from Venice to Rome 3/18.

We will be staying pre cruise and with transportation so complex in Venice- ( water taxi vs Vaporetto vs people mover) - we are curious which pier does the Sky dock? We are planning on staying in a hotel closer to the port but haven't booked one.

Thank you fellow cruisers!

On our cruise on the Sea in October 2016, we were docked at Pier 107/108. This was at the Venice Passenger Terminal which is on the western side of Venice where the causeway from the mainland terminates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!

We are planning on staying at Hotel Olimpia which is on the last stop for the airport buses and taxi. Suppose to close to the port.

If you can find it, check Venice port website to see if you're docked at Maritima (Venice Passenger Terminal), which is the usual place for ocean cruise ships. I used to have a link for the port site but now can't find it; sorry. We docked at a different location in 2015 (by San Basilio vaporetto stop) but that's probably not very common. Yes, Venice transportation and navigation are difficult, and yes, Olimpia is near the port. If you use the People Mover, check the hours of operation, especially if you're there on a Sunday - it didn't run very late on Sunday when we were there. If you use a vaporetto, be aware that the yellow Alilaguna boats are not the public vaporetto boats. There are 2 separate companies. From the port, the yellow Alilaguna boat is probably the easiest way to get back out to center city - St. Marks, etc. Since you're going to Venice early, you may not want to do that, but just thought I'd mention that in case you (or others) ARE. I loved Venice but found it quite challenging to find my way around.