Tips for New Viking Ocean Cruisers

roothy123

YES

In your room your steward will give you a stash if you're concerned. My wife had a case!

Plus, as mentioned they always hand out water as you exit the ship for a tour. Take 2 if concerned.

You may also have mine as I have a small bladder. I know. TMI.

And there is always a carafe of purified water in your cabin, changed twice daily--still and/or sparkiling. Just tell your steward your preference.

And there is always a carafe of purified water in your cabin, changed twice daily--still and/or sparkling. Just tell your steward your preference.

Curious: how do they keep a carafe of sparkling water sparkling?

Peregrina is correct. They will not stock that mini-bar with either alcohol or pop ( the initial stocking with pop, tonic was included.)

We usually just stopped at one of the bars and brought a drink or glass of wine to the room. They will serve you a "double."

Maybe I will bring a flask next cruise, order my scotch neat a few times, fill the flask for the room!!!

I am looking at the beverage package order form just printed from the VOC site. It states the package includes any drink up to $15, throughout the day and anywhere on the ship, mini-bar replenishment, The Chef's Table premium wine pairing, and 15% off premium beverages, Armagnacs and bottles of wine over $50. I read that as mini-bar replenishment being included in the package.

I am looking at the beverage package order form just printed from the VOC site. It states the package includes any drink up to $15, throughout the day and anywhere on the ship, mini-bar replenishment, The Chef's Table premium wine pairing, and 15% off premium beverages, Armagnacs and bottles of wine over $50. I read that as mini-bar replenishment being included in the package.

Maybe Viking will chime in here with some clarification for us.

mini bar replacement IF your mini bar i (cabin category) has alcohol included. V/DV category does not.

So then why include it in the Silver Package statement if it is already one of the perks--and doesn't effect that perk? That's why I am hoping Viking will clarify it for us.

So then why include it in the Silver Package statement if it is already one of the perks--and doesn't effect that perk? That's why I am hoping Viking will clarify it for us.

I agree Peregrina651. I realize that certain categories are inclusive of spirits in their mini-bar and those will be replenished as needed (as per the VOC website. But if in a DV and I purchase the beverage package it clearly states that replenishment is included - otherwise why would it even be noted on the form I printed out yesterday. Those categories above DV are INCLUSIVE of the stocked min-bar and clearly states it will be replenished every day on the categories breakdown.

I have been told even on our WC where everyone will have the Silver Seas Package included we will NOT have alcohol in our DV minibar. Which seems so silly to me!!!! Either we must stop at a bar and take a drink to the room or call room service to deliver it!!!

Of course Viking may still change their mind.

Didn't have the Silver Spirits pkg but was in a Penthouse Veranda (PV) stateroom which has liquor included. After the 1st couple days whoever's job it was to replace the used liquor bottles was asleep at the switch and they never got replaced. I had fun checking but nothing got replaced. I'd had enough to drink and did not care aside from perverse curiosity. Heck, we never opened our welcoming bottle of champaign either. I THINK it's a different person who replaces the minibar than the room stewards who were otherwise excellent. If I'm wrong, people will let me know. :)

We are in penthouse junior suite on Star and yes, the wine delivery guy is separate to room stewards. We asked for bottle of white wine first day and he has delivered every day since .. even if we hadn't finished yesterday's bottle. We asked him to skip a day when we had two and couldn't fit another one in 😀

We are in penthouse junior suite on Star and yes, the wine delivery guy is separate to room stewards. We asked for bottle of white wine first day and he has delivered every day since .. even if we hadn't finished yesterday's bottle. We asked him to skip a day when we had two and couldn't fit another one in 😀

For what it is worth - I spoke with Viking this morning (Alyssa in Boston I believe). I presented this question and said it was a somewhat heated debate on CC. She went away and came back and said that in a DV if you have the spirits package there would be a DAILY replenish of liquor in your mini-bar. It seems like a Cat. V would not - even with the package which is very strange to me.

Dear Peregrina651,

We appreciate your invitation to clarify.

In general, all guests with the Silver Spirits Beverage Package will receive mini-bar replenishments of alcoholic beverages - regardless of cabin category. This service is a recent addition to the package’s amenities.

Our World Cruise, however, will operate a bit differently. Specific details will be released to guests as the sailing approaches.

Thanks again for the invite. We hope this response has been helpful and want to take the opportunity to remind the Cruise Critic community that we are always happy to answer questions or clarify concerns at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Thanks for that clarification. We were planning on upgrading, so this just makes the upgrade even better. Agree with a previous post, Viking is a class act. If our cruise meets what I'm expecting, it's going to be hard to return to a mass market line!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for that clarification. We were planning on upgrading, so this just makes the upgrade even better. Agree with a previous post, Viking is a class act. If our cruise meets what I'm expecting, it's going to be hard to return to a mass market line!

Love when Viking poster stops by to clarify with an answer or link for follow up.

We will be having the Silver Spirit package on our Viking Cruise and the new additon to the package is very nice.

Viking is indeed a class act and so are the Viking forum posters that have great questions, observations,detailed reviews and wonderful photos in their post.

Dear Peregrina651,

We appreciate your invitation to clarify.

In general, all guests with the Silver Spirits Beverage Package will receive mini-bar replenishments of alcoholic beverages - regardless of cabin category. This service is a recent addition to the package’s amenities.

Our World Cruise, however, will operate a bit differently. Specific details will be released to guests as the sailing approaches.

Thanks again for the invite. We hope this response has been helpful and want to take the opportunity to remind the Cruise Critic community that we are always happy to answer questions or clarify concerns at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Thank you, Viking, for the clarification. I thought it might be a change to the package but I wasn't going to start any rumors. Now we can pass along the correct information the next time the topic comes up.

Hopefully they'll someday address the excursion policy, to let everyone at least SEE what is available, so we can plan accordingly. Booking excursions so close to the trip leaves very little time to arrange something private if offered excursions are sold out, or don't appeal.

We are on the WC and trying to plan excursions: included, optional, DIY is daunting. The Visas were a challenge as well but at least Viking is paying for those. Viking has been wonderful to WC passengers so far....great service.......we are anticipating that the cruise will be even better!!!

Hopefully they'll someday address the excursion policy, to let everyone at least SEE what is available, so we can plan accordingly. Booking excursions so close to the trip leaves very little time to arrange something private if offered excursions are sold out, or don't appeal.

I've been hoping that for a long time now, too. Share your thoughts directly with VIking at the address they gave above. It is one thing to grumble here but it packs a bigger punch when we write to them directly with our concerns and comments.