msc

dallas16

My friend from Australia came over to Europe last year, and took the Lirica round the East Med, disembarked, and went straight on the Opera round the West Med, where I cruised with her. She was amazed at how similar the ships were, and at times thought she was still on the Lirica! The layout of the ships are apparently the same.

Hope that helps!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Opera and Lirica are sisters, Lirica being built a year earlier. The only difference are to some of the outside cabins: on Lirica the only cabins with balconies are designated as suites, are all on a very high deck, and are all rather bigger cabins, as well as having balconies. None of the 'standard' outside cabins on Lirica have balconies. But on Opera there are a number of standard-sized outside cabins with balcomies. If you look at pictures of each ship's sides you can see the balconies on Opera - they look as if they've been bolted onto the outside!

There are two other ships, Armonia and Sinfonia, identical sisters to each other, and three-quarter-sisters to Lirica (and Opera). There are some small differences between Armonia/Sinfonia and Lirica/Opera: at the stern;on the upper-most games deck; in some of the public rooms (Armonia/Sinfonia have a business centre on deck 6 which I think has been replaced with a lounge or club on Lirica/Opera); and I think the layout of the shops is different.

But all four are very similar. Probably Opera is the one with the biggest differences, because of the additional balcony cabins.

Archived