Status Match Question

Dunk

Hi MSC board!

Question for you guys. I got a status match on MSC to black level from being Elite on Princess. I recently booked a cruise on MSC that is after the expiration date of my black card. Do you think I will still get to keep the black status? (I got the 5% black card discount when I booked).

Hi MSC board!

Question for you guys. I got a status match on MSC to black level from being Elite on Princess. I recently booked a cruise on MSC that is after the expiration date of my black card. Do you think I will still get to keep the black status? (I got the 5% black card discount when I booked).

When did you do the status match as it’s valid for 3 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

........... and the status-match program isn't even in existence 3 years, yet.

Status match was introduced in July 2015

see this link to one of your posts

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47187908&postcount=49

So it is entirely possible that the expiry date is Feb 2019 on the OP's card.

In which case I would expect his status to expire before he cruises and go down to classic, or even welcome, unless he gets another cruise in before the expiry date.

Those are the rules.

Pete

Status match was introduced in July 2015

see this link to one of your posts

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47187908&postcount=49

So it is entirely possible that the expiry date is Feb 2019 on the OP's card.

In which case I would expect his status to expire before he cruises and go down to classic, or even welcome, unless he gets another cruise in before the expiry date.

Those are the rules.

Pete

I posted that before the expiry date was stated, Pete.

Hi MSC board!

Uhhhmmmm! Good question for MSC. Call them, they may let you keep BS, wait that doesn’t’n sound so good, I mean Black Status, since you booked when you did. But the rules are against you. Good luck with that issue.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not really sure when I did it, but the website says it expires February of 19 and my cruise is in October.

You must have status-matched in Feb 2016. If so, well, you, like the rest of us, would have to sail within 3 years of that date to keep that level. If you haven't done so, well, that's too bad. I can't understand why you did the match in the first place, if it's taken 'til now - 2 years later - to book. There's been plenty of discourse on the forum about the subject and the 3 year limit. The only way you'll keep your status is to do an MSC cruise before next Feb's expiry date.

You must have status-matched in Feb 2016. If so, well, you, like the rest of us, would have to sail within 3 years of that date to keep that level. If you haven't done so, well, that's too bad. I can't understand why you did the match in the first place, if it's taken 'til now - 2 years later - to book. There's been plenty of discourse on the forum about the subject and the 3 year limit. The only way you'll keep your status is to do an MSC cruise before next Feb's expiry date.

When I applied for, and received the status match, no where in the communication that they sent me was there any mention of an expiration date.

When I applied for, and received the status match, no where in the communication that they sent me was there any mention of an expiration date.

It's unfortunate that you didn't read the forum here at the time. There was a lot of discussion about it because the new 3 year rule applied to regular MSC cruisers too - Voyagers Club had replaced the old loyalty club and many changes came into effect then, including this and the status-match program.

It looks like you may have missed the boat on this one (pardon the pun), but, as I said, the same rule applies to me; if I don't sail in 3 years from the last date, I, too, lose my status - and that's after sailing 18 times with them.

I for one am a bit disappointed in this Status Match, we matched with our P & O Loyalty because it was our highest one, 150 days, and they gave us 200 points which put us on Classic Level. Having read other posts I phoned them up and we had our points upped but are still on Classic Level only.