Antigua Departure on SD

BeignetBoy

We are booked on the Eastbound TA crossing leaving from Antigua in April and are in the process of trying to decide on a hotel to stay in a few days before our departure. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation?

We have several recommended by another SeaDream friend and are strongly considering either the Admirals Inn or the Copper and Lumber Store. However, both are in English Harbor, and I think that the ship is leaving from St. John.

If we pick something in English Harbor, how difficult is the travel to St John's. Is it an easy taxi ride, or is it a difficult trip?

We appreciate any suggestions or help with this.:)

Thanks

We stayed at the Wind Chimes Inn, which is right by the airport. It's no frills, but the service is very good and you can sit on the balcony and watch planes take off and land. I definitely would not recommend it if you're hoping for great luxury, but for a couple of nights, it's fine. When we were there, they had a regular taxi driver they used who was very dependable and took great care of us. At the time we booked, this place was ranked #1 on Trip Advisor in Antigua (it's now #3 for B&Bs). We decided to stay there because a lot of the places in Antigua required a three night minimum stay, which we couldn't do.

I also agree that English Harbour is beautiful. If we ever get back to Antigua, I think we'll stay there for a more upscale experience.

We are booked to stay at the Copper and Lumber Store Inn pre-cruise for our January 18 departure from Antigua. I'll post a review and pictures (if wifi cooperates) after our stay. We thought the atmosphere around English Harbor would be fun ahead of nine days on the water and beach! I understand its a 40-45 minute cab ride to the pier in St. John, so we plan to have lunch in English Harbor before heading to the ship.

Thanks for the responses. I think that we will stay at the Copper and Lumber, but wondering if we should stay for two or three nights? We are not swimmers or divers.. Is there anything special in English Harbor or on the Island in general?

When we went, we spent two days touring the island.

We did the Xtreme Circumnav with Adventure Antigua.

https://adventureantigua.com

And we also did a Segway tour with Segway Antigua, but I'm not sure if they're still operating. Looks like they weren't open in 2017.

Both activities were excellent, though. I especially enjoyed the speedboat tour, even though I got a horrible sunburn!