7 Night Solstice Alaska dining question

carlsbadguy

Will be celebrating my 60th birthday on a cruise this August was wondering what would be the best option for specialty dining? Which night is usually the lobster night in the MDR?

Are the menus I have seen on line pretty accurate? Does there seem to be a certain night during the cruise when food in the MDR is subpar?

Only other cruise on Celebrity was on the Equinox in an Aqua Class cabin so only ate in Blu and was pretty pleased all nights except one. Never tried a specialty restaurant.

Thanks

The online menu's are pretty accurate as far as the specialty restaurants. Our favorite is Murano's and they have a lobster dish on their menu. The next to the last night is when they typically serve lobster in the main dining room. We haven't eaten in the MDR for quite a while so can't comment on the menu there.

I highly recommend Murano for a special dining experience. I am not a huge fan of the Tuscan Grille but then again, I don't eat any red meat so am maybe not the best judge of that. Yes, the view at the Tuscan is pretty amazing but I would suggest that for a lunch if they host one. The atmosphere in Murano is much more intimate if you ask me.

And as others have noted, the lobster in the MDR will be on the second or last elegant chic night. While I thought the food was consistently good in the MDR up until this night, the lobster dinner that they served was very disappointing. It was probably the worst meal we had the entire cruise. And, they were extremely busy to boot ...the service was still good, but the food was mediocre at best.

How much of an upcharge is there for dinner at Murano's for us common people (aka dwellers in a plain ol' Veranda stateroom)?

Same as the upcharge for all other passengers who have not booked a Royal Suite or above: $50 pp. Most suite guests also pay $50 pp. You might be able to get a discount although I've been reading that they are eliminating that with the introduction of the multi night packages.