QM2 Obstructed view Balconies.....Photos?

mrsfuzzmo

Hello, I am an agent with a couple that wants to book the May 10 Med. Explorer and are interested in the obstructed view balcony cabins but cannot seem to find a photo to show them. Has anyone stayed in one of these Ob. View cabins and can you tell me just how close the lifeboats are to the balcony and how obstructed the view is??? Hoepfully someone will have a photgraph that I can download. Even if someone has a picture of the promedade on Deck 7 we may be able to see the balconies above. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maureen

Hello, I am an agent with a couple that wants to book the May 10 Med. Explorer and are interested in the obstructed view balcony cabins but cannot seem to find a photo to show them. Has anyone stayed in one of these Ob. View cabins and can you tell me just how close the lifeboats are to the balcony and how obstructed the view is??? Hoepfully someone will have a photgraph that I can download. Even if someone has a picture of the promedade on Deck 7 we may be able to see the balconies above. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maureen

I asked a similar question on another board. One passenger stated that lifeboats are mounted aft of what the deck plan depicts, and that 8016 and possibly 8014 have views. Perhaps the other side is similar. I don't know if there are cabins "between" lifeboats that have views. I would also like to know if cabins (outside) like 6036 have windows vs portholes, and are truly longer than the balcony cabins as shown on the deck plans.

We aren't too worried about the fact that the views are obstructed, just how close the obstruction (lifeboats) are to the balcony. Are they so close you can touch them, OR are they 15 feet away hanging over the side of the ship, in which case you can look down over the promenade.

Maureen

Photo looking aft of lifeboats and balconies. Taken from Bridge viewing platform. Hope this attachment gives you the perspective you're looking for.

Rick J

Sorry, I can't get the file small enough to upload. If you would like I will email to you.

Rick

Hello Maureen,

I am referred to in a previous post. We were in cabin 8018 which is where the first lifeboat was located. We had a view if we looked right and a great view of the bridge. Based on the incredible experience we are also booked for the 5/10/05 cruise. We are in cabin 8016 which is the first cabin without a lifeboat in front and yet it is a B6 category. I would try to book 8014. The balcony is about 6 feet wide and the lifeboats are maybe 6 feet from the front of the balcony. We could look down and see deck 7. I hope this helps. If 8014 is not available, I would try for the same placement on the other side. If you do not have the deckplan look at www.DeluxeCruises.com. The lifeboats are not shown in the correct position.

Thank you all so much. I was indeed able to book cabin 8013 this afternoon which is the first balcony cabin on deck 8 on the starboard side. It looks to be one of the cabins with very little if any obstruction. I am very thankful for all of your quick responses and so are my clients. Thanks a bunch and they are so excited to go and do their first Med. cruise.

Maureen

Archived