Deadline for adding names to TBA travelers?

Does anyone know how long I have to do this? I was just on the phone with Carnival for a price match (which they did wrong and I had to call back and spend an hour on the phone with them trying to fix only to see that they still did it wrong and told me the wrong thing) :).

Anyway the lady on the phone who did everything wrong told me my deadline for adding the names is today (which I’ll do because I’m not taking any chances) but since she and her *manager* got everything wrong even after saying they fixed it I’m not sure I should trust them at all.

I’m at 68 days until my cruise. I forgot to mention that because I’m still baffled by that whole telephone call mess and debating what to do about it.

She said the deadline was today because today is final payment day but my final payment day was last week so.....

My PVP told me that we could add the TBA person whenever we wanted, but to be aware that if the ship reaches capacity, you will no longer be able to add. So, even though there is a bed available in that cabin, the ship could still already be at capacity. We currently have a booking where our son is alone in a cabin, as he hasn't decided who he will ask to go with him. It's still 11 months away, so we aren't too concerned just yet.

My PVP told me that we could add the TBA person whenever we wanted, but to be aware that if the ship reaches capacity, you will no longer be able to add. So, even though there is a bed available in that cabin, the ship could still already be at capacity. We currently have a booking where our son is alone in a cabin, as he hasn't decided who he will ask to go with him. It's still 11 months away, so we aren't too concerned just yet.

Oh okay that makes sense. I’m glad I went ahead and added mine then. The cruise could be close enough for there to be a capacity issue since that ties into so many things.

Thanks for the information!

I've added an extra who wasn't even a TBA within about 5 days of a late August cruise-I've think I was told you can add until the passenger list is given to US Customs. Another was added about 2 weeks before another August cruise. I guess the 5 day add was actually on RCCL though. In the summer it may be more difficult because there is a maximum passenger limit which is hit when kids are added as 3rd and 4th passengers. Need to have life boat space for all passengers

Edited by Stallion

There is indeed a Coast Guard maximum capacity for each ship that includes passengers and crew. But that number is rarely reached. And when it is Carnival will usually delay some of the replacement crew members from coming on board (a significant double or even triple digit number of crew members end a contract or begin a new on every cruise). They would rather be short some crew than turn away a paying customer.

Are you asking about just adding the name and not adding another person to the booking? I have booked the last few cruises with just the first persons name but paid deposits and ultimately, full fare for all of the people that are going. What I have left to do is just to fill in their actual name. I have done this up to a week prior to sailing. I didn’t think there was an issue with doing this since they know how many people are ultimately cruising. Now, when I call them, they almost always ask and I tell them I will do it later, as I want to make sure all the passport info is correct and like to take my time and enter the information into the system.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you asking about just adding the name and not adding another person to the booking? I have booked the last few cruises with just the first persons name but paid deposits and ultimately, full fare for all of the people that are going. What I have left to do is just to fill in their actual name. I have done this up to a week prior to sailing. I didn’t think there was an issue with doing this since they know how many people are ultimately cruising. Now, when I call them, they almost always ask and I tell them I will do it later, as I want to make sure all the passport info is correct and like to take my time and enter the information into the system.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was my situation as well. I booked and paid for a cabin for 3 people. Only my name was listed because one of them is a surprise guest and I didn’t really want to put her name until she confirmed that she wanted to go. The rep insisted that I needed to put the other names in that day as that was the deadline. She said if I didn’t put the names down the system might cancel them out completely. She said her manager told her my deadline was that day and that she had seen people’s guests get canceled before.

Who knows what the truth is, but it wasn’t worth me risking it.