No Cunard World Club Login option

WillH

Hi

Not sure if it is just the UK website affected, but there doesn't seem to be any link now to login to my World Club Account. The World Club link at the top of the Cunard Home Page just goes to a page with info on the benefits and gives email/phone contact details. Am I missing something ?

I wanted to check that my marketing preferences were still correct as I seem to have stopped receiving any communications from Cunard - eg no info about upcoming 2019 voyages which are pre-released this week. I have read the very helpful info on the 2019 post here but thought that Cunard would be promoting this.

Many Thanks

Will

This does appear to be an issue specific to certain Cunard web sites and not others. It is an issue with both the UK and Australia sites (and perhaps others), but for whatever reason, it is not an issue with the US web site. Here are some screen shots I made to compare the top portion of the UK and US Cunard World Club pages.

UK Cunard World Club page:

UK%20Cunard%20World%20Club.jpg

US Cunard World Club page:

US%20Cunard%20World%20Club.jpg

The URL to the US Cunard World Club page ends with "/world-club-sign-in-register/". That extra portion is missing from the URL to the UK Cunard World Club page. Attempting to add that to the UK URL produces a "The page you are looking for cannot be found." error.

If there is a way to log in to your World Club account anymore from Cunard's UK web site, I don't see it. And as Mr. Toad has indicated, it has apparently been that way for some time now.

Regards,

John

I actually emailed them about this last week. This was their reply

Thank you for your email to the Cunard World Club. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our reply.

To bring our guests an enhanced online experience we are currently reviewing our website and digital facilities, which includes the Cunard World Club account facilities. During this time the online account management tool is no longer available. We plan to introduce a much improved version in the future. Further updates will be available online at www.cunard.co.uk/already-booked/cunard-world-club/

In the mean time, should you require a list of your voyage history or need to make any amendments to your records, we would be more than happy to assist. Alternatively, you are welcome to speak to a member of the team within our Customer Contact Centre via telephone on 0843 374 0000 (Lines are open 0800-2000Monday - Friday, 0900-1700 Saturday and 1000-1600 Sunday. Calls cost 7p per minute plus your telephone company's network access charge).

Just to note. If you use the 0843 number the service provider access charge can be way above the 7 pence a minute call charge, for us it's typically a 11.5p a minute access charge on top o the call charge. After experiencing problems e mailing to sort out missing cruises from my world club account I got a £11.00 phone bill from calling the 0843 number and that was using the lowest access charge out of two of my providers. Of course the use of 0843 numbers is not unique to Cunard but it does appear to me that some UK home line providers are making larger than necessary profits for access charges that should really be free.

Edited by robbie_3

Just to note. If you use the 0843 number the service provider access charge can be way above the 7 pence a minute call charge, for us it's typically a 11.5p a minute access charge on top o the call charge. After experiencing problems e mailing to sort out missing cruises from my world club account I got a £11.00 phone bill from calling the 0843 number and that was using the lowest access charge out of two of my providers. Of course the use of 0843 numbers is not unique to Cunard but it does appear to me that some UK home line providers are making larger than necessary profits for access charges that should really be free.

I used Carnival's main switchboard number.

023 8065 5000

in the past if I ever needed to get in touch directly. I presume it still works.

To bring our guests an enhanced online experience we are currently reviewing our website and digital facilities, which includes the Cunard World Club account facilities. During this time the online account management tool is no longer available. We plan to introduce a much improved version in the future. Further updates will be available online at www.cunard.co.uk/already-booked/cunard-world-club/

There we are the, staggeringly incompetent. They could have just left the old one in place until the new site was ready to go live. That's normal companies do. Could you imagine your bank doing something like that ?

It's not just that part of the web site that is a mess. We have been looking at the transatlantic crossings for a couple of months. Sometimes the pricing includes the flight, sometimes it is the cruise cost only which automatically comes up, The optional button to include/ exclude flights sometimes works, but usually it leads you to a message to use the option, which actually isn't there. I think they have some real IT issues going on behind the scenes

• 2 months later...

Very disappointed this feature has disappeared. You can no longer update your address, check your World Club status, or see your cruise history from the Cunard website. You have to call or email if you want any of that.

In addition, you can no longer order brochures to be mailed to your home. Only online downloading. Again you have to call if you want a brochure mailed to your home.

It's never a good idea to delete functionality from a website like Cunard has done. The goal is to increase functionality! Does Cunard think its passengers are that technology challenged that these features are baseless? Not a great way to attract next generation cruisers.

I'm hoping it's temporary.

That's unfortunate. The Cunard World Club login page was still working for me here in the US a few days ago when I last logged in. Now I see we in the US are in the same situation those in the UK have been in for the past several months. The "World Club" link on the cunard.com home page now just takes us to a page advising us of an email address and phone number to use if we want to update our membership details.

That's unfortunate. The Cunard World Club login page was still working for me here in the US a few days ago when I last logged in. Now I see we in the US are in the same situation those in the UK have been in for the past several months. The "World Club" link on the cunard.com home page now just takes us to a page advising us of an email address and phone number to use if we want to update our membership details.

currently on board QE spoke to world club sales 2day, who did not know about this!!

The rumour is this site was being abused by some inserting up to three past cruises (allowed in the honesty boxes), solely to promptly upgrade their memberships (to Diamond?), but never having cruised on them.

The official stance is the site was removed to be replaced by a new one. The new pages are being constructed. When completed, the site will be again accessible.

Thought:

Possibly without the 'honestly box' insertions facility? We'll see.

Cunard to investigate membership status?

The rumour is this site was being abused by some inserting up to three past cruises (allowed in the honesty boxes), solely to promptly upgrade their memberships (to Diamond?), but never having cruised on them.

The official stance is the site was removed to be replaced by a new one. The new pages are being constructed. When completed, the site will be again accessible.

Thought:

Possibly without the 'honestly box' insertions facility? We'll see.

Cunard to investigate membership status?

Just Rumour !

Adding to those boxes made no difference to your Count.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Same in Australia..:mad:

I sent an e-mail two weeks ago asking for an update but got the exact reply as provided in Post #5.

Not very impressive.:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Oldace.. :beer-mug:

Currently still no sign in function on the US World Club page. Very frustrating!

Just need to put a request in at the Voyage Sales Office the next time you are onboard. The CWC site (UK) has been down for well over a year. :mad:

I requested a copy of my voyage history when I was onboard the other month. Received a print out delivered to the stateroom, three or four days later.:)

This was the reply to my email enquiring about why the log in function had been disabled. So they are STILL working on it apparently!

"Thank you for your recent email. At the present time, we are upgrading our website and it is currently unavailable. If you need any assistance, please call our office at 1-800-728-6273 in the US or 011-44-23-8065-5000 in the UK."

This is the response we got today

Good Day,

At the present time, weare upgrading our website and it is currently unavailable. We do not have anestimated time to be back on line. If you need any assistance, please call ouroffice at 1-800-728-6273 in the US or 011-44-23-8065-5000 in the UK.

Sincerely,

Nanci Hammond

Cunard World Club

worldclub@cunard.com