How Many terminals in Grand Cayman?

luv2trvlnow

I was checking the schedule for our cruise and it will be very crowded when we are there. On the caymanport dot com schedule when you click on a ship it tells you which terminal it will be at.

I find several terminals that are being used that day for the 8 ships-Royal, North, South, Dock, Brac. Our ship is at the Dock Terminal. Does anyone know which one this is and where it is? All I can find when I check on line is the North and South terminals.

On Grand Cayman the options are:

In George Town

Royal Watler Terminal - The largest and most northerly. About two blocks north of the North Terminal

North Terminal - in front of Caridnall Ave, near Breezes by the Bay restaurant

South Terminal - in front of the Cayman National Museum

Cargo dock - As the name implies, it is typically only used for cargo vessels. VERY rarely for a medical evacuation and the like.

In Spotts

Spotts Dock - an alternate tendering site for when the weather is rough in George Town Harbour

Cayman Brac is a different island, about 90 miles away from Grand Cayman. Very rarely some small ships visit there.

EACH Ship with have a large TENT with its name on it. You will have no problem figuring out where to go and which line to get in for the tender back to ship. The worst part is the long long line starting an hour before departure time, literally hundreds of people all trying to get back on their ship. Luckily the tenders hold more than a hundred people each, so the lines can move quickly. My best suggestion is to get back and in line more than an hour before you think you need.

EACH Ship with have a large TENT with its name on it. You will have no problem figuring out where to go and which line to get in for the tender back to ship. The worst part is the long long line starting an hour before departure time, literally hundreds of people all trying to get back on their ship. Luckily the tenders hold more than a hundred people each, so the lines can move quickly. My best suggestion is to get back and in line more than an hour before you think you need.

I am not worrying about where to get back on. I just want to know where we will be getting off. We are planning on walking to Sunset House and I want to make sure it will still be possible.

On Grand Cayman the options are:

In George Town

Royal Watler Terminal - The largest and most northerly. About two blocks north of the North Terminal

North Terminal - in front of Caridnall Ave, near Breezes by the Bay restaurant

South Terminal - in front of the Cayman National Museum

Cargo dock - As the name implies, it is typically only used for cargo vessels. VERY rarely for a medical evacuation and the like.

In Spotts

Spotts Dock - an alternate tendering site for when the weather is rough in George Town Harbour

Cayman Brac is a different island, about 90 miles away from Grand Cayman. Very rarely some small ships visit there.

Since you are a local which would it be if it says "Dock".

Brilliance of the Seas, Carnival Breeze, and Celebrity Equinox are at Royal Terminal

Regal Princess and Celebrity Silhouette are at South Terminal

Nieuw Amsterdam is at North Terminal

Carnival Magic (my ship) says Terminal: Dock

I have been to Grand Cayman twice before so I know a little bit of the area. Just not sure where this is. It also says Berth: Anchorage 4.

Looks like your ship's visit is on the busiest day of the month. There are no cargo ships scheduled. My best guess is they are going to use the cargo dock as your tender pier. It's rare, but not completely unheard of.

The cargo dock is between the Royal Watler Terminal and the North Terminal.

To answer your question about Sunset House, you will have not problem walking from any of them. They literally are all within a couple of blocks of each other. As you come into town on the tender, look to your right and you'll see large oil/petroleum tank structures on the shoreline. Sunset House is just before them. You can see what kind of walk it will be. About a mile from town. No matter which pier you come into, just turn right and start walking!

Top circle is the tender piers, bottom circle is Sunset.

653877246_GrandCaymanpiers.jpg.01a59b3a7f4b3c64949803ce84166cfd.jpg

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Looks like your ship's visit is on the busiest day of the month. There are no cargo ships scheduled. My best guess is they are going to use the cargo dock as your tender pier. It's rare, but not completely unheard of.

To answer your question about Sunset House, you will have not problem walking from any of them. They literally are all within a couple of blocks of each other. As you come into town on the tender, look to your right and you'll see large oil/petroleum tank structures on the shoreline. Sunset House is just before them. You can see what kind of walk it will be. About a mile from town. No matter which pier you come into, just turn right and start walking!

Top circle is the tender piers, bottom circle is Sunset.

Thank you to both of you for your help and information. We are trying to head in a different direction than most of the cruise passengers and there will be many of those cruise passengers, over 21,000. We have not gone in this direction before and thought is would be good to do something different this time. We are even considering walking to Smith Barcadere if we feel like it. Walking that far is not a problem as we walk more than that every day. I know there are no sidewalks in places and we will have to remember that they drive on the left side of the road.

• 1 year later...

I have the same dilemma as the OP of this thread. I'm concerned that with a short window from the time the ship comes into harbor and the time when we need to meet our excursion, the cargo dock would be far from the Royal Watler Terminal. After lots of searching, it looks as though I found my answer. Thanks.

The cargo dock ("Dock") is actually part of the Royal Watler complex. Although normally used for cargo ships, apparently that pier is occasionally being used to help with passenger flow when there are several ships in port the same day. North Terminal is immediately adjacent to it, and South Terminal is just a short walk to the south of that.

Note: When you see "Brac" listed as the terminal however, that is in a whole different island: Cayman Brac, part of the Cayman Islands but separated by many miles of sea from Grand Cayman!