Anyone booking for 2019 ?

Host Hattie

Never seen such disappointing itineraries...as a sun loving Brit there is very little there for me.. no fly cruises on the lovely QV, we have done these the past two years and loved them...far too many northern cruises and it seems to me they are definitely aiming at the German market rather than the British one...afraid to to say they have lost our custom...

This seems to come round more quickly every time ! I hope you get what you want if you are booking in the next few days.

Booked 919H - double OBC with future cruise voucher.

Great ports.

IMO

It would appear Cunard are looking to attract more genteel Cruisers, rather than holiday makers seeking their two weeks a year in the sun. Note P&O, et al, are offering many 'sit in the sun' vacations during the summer months, which will prove attractive to the two weekers.

Great ports.

IMO

It would appear Cunard are looking to attract more genteel Cruisers, rather than holiday makers seeking their two weeks a year in the sun. Note P&O, et al, are offering many 'sit in the sun' vacations during the summer months, which will prove attractive to the two weekers.

The more well travelled amongst us have already been to these destinations, and still found a cruise in the sun to be most favourable. Not sure your sweeping statement qualifies us all as uncouth.

Great ports.

IMO

Love our fly cruising, not much sitting in the sun other than sea days for us. Cunard looks like they will be losing quite a few regulars over the summer months

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would be interesting to know whether bookings will be down following such a severe change in itineraries. Those of us in the UK 'crave' a little sun now and again and I suspect some people will book elsewhere to get their sun-fix. I'm sure the powers that be didn't wake up one morning and say that this is where we will be sailing in 2019; surely they do some seeking of opinions.

As for our booking, we are still (impatiently) waiting for the Alaskan itineraries to be released and then we will make a decision as to whether we will be sailing with Cunard in 2019.

BTW; talking about getting some sun - when we cruised Alaska way back in 2004 it was the hottest summer they had experienced for some time and Ketchikan which is known for its rain, had at that time gone 10 consecutive days without rain, almost unheard of.

I received an e-mail this morning from Cunard encouraging me to book as of today to secure the category and stateroom of my choice. I followed the links and note that every voyage after mid-May 2019 still says "prices unavailable." The Alaska cruises don't even appear on the site.

I would never book direct with Cunard, but their site is handy for checking itineraries, fares and availability - well, it will be if they get their act together.

Hattie, my TA said that it was by far the cruise he took the most pre-registrations for :o

I'm not surprised, it's quite a different itinerary.

Host Hattie - go on book it, you know you want to ;p

It'll be good to see you again.

We have our desired cabin at the back of the ship (you may remember, the one we were upgraded from :mad: when we met you).

Lovely ! I've only just booked for October 2017 (not a cruise), I can't imagine being organised enough to book for October 2019 ! I guess it will sell out sooner rather than later so I won't leave it too long.

I just booked the round trip transatlantic crossing from New York for 7 July-28 July 2019 which combines a traditional 7-day eastbound crossing with a 14-day westbound crossing calling at Liverpool, Reykjavik, Corner Brook, and Halifax. First time I have ever booked this early, but I suspect that westbound crossing is going to be pretty popular and the stateroom I prefer was available.

Edited by bluemarble

Hi. I understand that when booking in the UK there is a past passenger discount of 5% on the new 2019 voyages. Does anyone know how long this discount is in place for ?. Unusually I haven't had any communications from Cunard about the new 2019 voyages so wonder if this information was included in anything you received from Cunard.

Many thanks. Will

Hi. I understand that when booking in the UK there is a past passenger discount of 5% on the new 2019 voyages. Does anyone know how long this discount is in place for ?. Unusually I haven't had any communications from Cunard about the new 2019 voyages so wonder if this information was included in anything you received from Cunard.

Many thanks. Will

According to the email I had today, the 5% discount applies until 30th November.

Hi - Was looking at Transatlantic on QM2 that went up to Liverpool then Iceland and down Canada to NY but couldn't find it coming back the other way. :(

Hi, Moscowlad.

Assuming you mean voyage M921 for the westbound crossing from Southampton to New York (14 July-28 July 2019), then voyage M922 is the subsequent eastbound crossing from New York to Southampton (28 July-4 August 2019).

The round trip crossing from Southampton (14 July-4 August 2019) is also available as voyage M921A.

Regards,

John

Hi - Was looking at Transatlantic on QM2 that went up to Liverpool then Iceland and down Canada to NY but couldn't find it coming back the other way. :(

booked on this

Southampton to Southampton round trip is M921A

also QV 21/10/19

I've just booked this 14 night crossing. Good price for a single cabin. I was spoilt for choice with the 2019 itineraries as there are several I like the look of. Not interested in Med fly cruises as I don't like hot weather. I'm thinking about booking the Northern Lights cruise as well !

Daisy

There seem to be a lot of cruises embarking and disembarking in Germany so i suspect they are trying to attract the German cruisers....personally I don't want 2 weeks in the sun with p&o, i really liked our 7 night fly cruises we have done the past couple of years in September and I'm really annoyed they have stopped doing the fly cruises on Queen Victoria, I have of course made my feelings known on their Facebook page! We are doing the Baltic with Celebrity next year and they will no doubt be continuing to base a ship or two in the Med during the summer so I suspect they will pick up our bookings, as much as we love Cunard, we may well not be tempted back!

Oh! for the days when cruises left Southampton and sailed around the Med. I loved those cruises so much so I ended up living in the Eastern Med for 30 years. Now, most ships never even reach the Eastern Mediterranean without a flight first to Venice etc. Now the sail at a slower pace I guess.

Even the Northern lights cruise as mentioned above does not go as far North as QE2 did which she did right up to her last cruise there in Norway in June 2008 which we were on.

She would go all the way up to Spitzbergen and Bear island and the Lofoten Islands. Now, this new cruise to Northern lights only goes as far as Tromso.

Nice as Tromso is with her lovely Arctic Cathedral, I would like to have seen the cruises go further North. Not that there is much there but the scenery, and fantastic midnight sun sets. Stunning!

I now need a new globe to find my cruise with a difference. ;)

Edited by maggiemou
typo