Pan-American to Airport

Kmix78

Hi All-

I am on a repositioning cruise that ends in San Juan on Jan 14. We are considering cancelling our hotel reservations for a myriad of reasons, but if we do, I have a few questions.

How easy is it to get a can from the cruise terminal to the airport?

Looks like flights are limited right now, and 4pm is the earliest flight available on our preferred airline (we already have tickets for the 16th, but may move them to the 14th, so limited to flying SW). Are there any options for luggage storage that might allow us to enjoy the city a bit before heading to the airport? I would really love to explore OSJ.

Any advice or experience welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Easy to get a taxi at the Pan American pier they will be lined up early.

You might consider Barrachina's restaurant in old town...they offer a service to keep your luggage for you and many cruiser's use this (free) option...Usually many will eat lunch there or at least have one of their famous Pina Colada's. I believe they open at 9:00am but do check on this.

Related question is it possible to make a 10;45 AM fight out of San Juan airport after docking. We’re on Jewel of the seas in February. How long time wise is the airport away.

My travel agent actually told me not to attempt a flight earlier than 11:30, but I only have her guidance to go on. Would be great to hear someone who did an earlier flight and made it.

Related question is it possible to make a 10;45 AM fight out of San Juan airport after docking. We’re on Jewel of the seas in February. How long time wise is the airport away.

We used self-debark and took a cab and were at the airport at 7:36 am. We also used the porters at the airport to get through the agriculture check and bag check which really speeded the process up.

We easily made a 10:30am flight after getting off Adventure..and at our gate just before 9:00am. I had originally booked an 11:30 flight but the airlines changed it. Another time we had a 12:30pm flight and left the ship early because of all the suggestions on this board ....it seemed like we were at SJU forever :eek:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to go ahead and change my hotel reservation to one night only so that we can still spend a little time in SJ.

(In other news, when I changed my ressie, the hotel nearly doubled my nightly rate!!)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to go ahead and change my hotel reservation to one night only so that we can still spend a little time in SJ.

(In other news, when I changed my ressie, the hotel nearly doubled my nightly rate!!)

What hotel and why ?

Hyatt House, and they said that their “rates and availability sometimes change”. I was (still am!) irritated; however, looks like most hotels at charging similar rates for that 1 night.

Just off the Celebrity Summit this morning, self embarked at 7:10 am, was at the Airport at 7:35 am, waited for American Airlines to open checked baggage at 8:00 am.

Wow! That’s fast. Thanks for the info :)

We used self-debark and took a cab and were at the airport at 7:36 am. We also used the porters at the airport to get through the agriculture check and bag check which really speeded the process up.

Hi Darcy,

We are sailing on the Adventure in April 2018 and are considering taking a cab to the airport upon disembarkation in San Juan. Did you have any issues finding a cab at the pier? I think it will be the Pan American Pier...

Thanks!

Susan

Hi Darcy,

We are sailing on the Adventure in April 2018 and are considering taking a cab to the airport upon disembarkation in San Juan. Did you have any issues finding a cab at the pier? I think it will be the Pan American Pier...

Thanks!

Susan

Even though I'm not Darcy...I can assure you there will be a long line of taxi's waiting at the pier...no problem getting one at all.