Say it isn't so...Princess Live

antsp

If it is so hated was it it always so full when events are held there? We have attended many events there.

i have attended it loads of time, but ithe event you want to see, or participate in is there what choice do you have

I hate Princess Live and don't go to the trivia and shows like I used to. Though there may be people in there, when it was held at places like Explorer's Lounge it used to be packed, most times no seats left. I so wish they would go back to that. You would think Princess would like those venues packed as people were having cocktails while watching the game shows so they were making money.

I hate Princess Live and don't go to the trivia and shows like I used to. Though there may be people in there, when it was held at places like Explorer's Lounge it used to be packed, most times no seats left. I so wish they would go back to that. You would think Princess would like those venues packed as people were having cocktails while watching the game shows so they were making money.

I don’t understand it at all, there is no bar service in Live so there is no revenue. Make no sense to me at all.

If it is so hated was it it always so full when events are held there? We have attended many events there.

We feel the same way.....seems way more functional and they are able to do so many things in that space....they had to take space from somewhere to create the larger Piazza on the Royal class ships which we love compared to the the piazza's on other ships which seemed very small and cramped....

We didn't like the feel of the space so we never went it there. Felt too cramped. My sister did tell me that our next cruise we need to attend LOTS more trivia. It just won't be on a Royal Class Ship!

I am excited about the Sky. Will definitely book it once it's re-positioned to USA.

We feel the same way.....seems way more functional and they are able to do so many things in that space....they had to take space from somewhere to create the larger Piazza on the Royal class ships which we love compared to the the piazza's on other ships which seemed very small and cramped....

The Piazza is nice but I only wish they would put up some noise barriers to close off some of the rest of the ships areas, like the gelato section, IC, computer room and Capt circle area.

You can't hear yourself think when the band is playing.

We didn't like the feel of the space so we never went it there. Felt too cramped. My sister did tell me that our next cruise we need to attend LOTS more trivia. It just won't be on a Royal Class Ship!

I am excited about the Sky. Will definitely book it once it's re-positioned to USA.

My excitement crashed when I saw the deck plans

Since, so far, I have refused to cruise on the bigger new ships, because they do not appeal to me, I don't know what Princess Live is.

Could someone please explain what it is and what takes place there.

Its a fake TV studio, very uncomfortable seating, and cheaply finished in a red corrugated Panasonic on the wall. The worst bit is the Cruise staff pretending they are on TV and presenting to the cameras and not the passengers. It' aa complete fail by most people's opinion

Since, so far, I have refused to cruise on the bigger new ships, because they do not appeal to me, I don't know what Princess Live is.

Could someone please explain what it is and what takes place there.

One of the worst ideas of a venue ever placed on a Princess cruise ship. Cramped seating, very dark and not safe to enter or exit (can't understand why it is kept so dark), no way for Princess to sell drinks and no easy way for passengers to have a drink, you have to place the drink on the floor and trip over it. Kind of supports the thinking that the ship designers and the corporate execs never actually experienced a cruise and the activities that go along with it.

What it is used for:

Fake TV programs and game shows, uncomfortable trivia, karaoke where the singer can't even see the few people that are there, some lectures, some sales pitches.

One of the worst ideas of a venue ever placed on a Princess cruise ship. Cramped seating, very dark and not safe to enter or exit (can't understand why it is kept so dark), no way for Princess to sell drinks and no easy way for passengers to have a drink, you have to place the drink on the floor and trip over it. Kind of supports the thinking that the ship designers and the corporate execs never actually experienced a cruise and the activities that go along with it.

What it is used for:

Fake TV programs and game shows, uncomfortable trivia, karaoke where the singer can't even see the few people that are there, some lectures, some sales pitches.

It's easy to avoid.

Just skip the functions held there.

The Sky Princess design was most likely completed before there was enough negative feedback about the Princess Live studio to make them reconsider. The best hope is for the next class of new ships to find a better use for that space.

It's been widely hated since Royal came out so they've had lots of time.

What it is used for:

Thanks for explaining. Sounds like something I would never bother even checking out. I don't even like the concept, and with the described poor design and planning, it's a complete no go for me, sight unseen.

I haven't been reading much on these forums but I did not know there was a lot of negative comments about Princess Live! We actually loved that there was a place set aside for shows and trivia and we really enjoyed the events in Princess Live on the Regal this past January. And it was almost always standing room only so we always made sure to get there early. And there is a bar just outside of Princess Live to easily access drinks.

I haven't been reading much on these forums but I did not know there was a lot of negative comments about Princess Live! We actually loved that there was a place set aside for shows and trivia and we really enjoyed the events in Princess Live on the Regal this past January. And it was almost always standing room only so we always made sure to get there early. And there is a bar just outside of Princess Live to easily access drinks.

Agree with Dan on this. We've had many fun times in this venue on recent cruises. Yes, it is fairly small. Yes, it is dark. And no, it is not a "real" TV studio. So what? Any small venue on the ship will get crowded in the evening. Ever tried to get a seat at Crooners between 7 and 11? Planning what you want to do rather than just wandering by and assuming you'll get a seat makes the most sense. Different strokes and all that.... Hate is a strong word, even when applied to something like a cruise experience.