Vancouver cabs

misspuss

We will be disembarking in Vancouver from ruby princess. I will be on a scooter. We will be going to the airport. Will there be any cabs available that can take my folded-up scooter? If not, any idea of how to get to the airport from the port? Thank you for any advice.

We will be disembarking in Vancouver from ruby princess. I will be on a scooter. We will be going to the airport. Will there be any cabs available that can take my folded-up scooter? If not, any idea of how to get to the airport from the port? Thank you for any advice.

Vancouver has many cabs that have wheelchair ramps in them. You should not have a problem finding one.

You should be able to find one outside of the Pan Pacific Hotel next to the port.

Being that you have folding scooter a wheelchair accessible taxi with a ramp isn't necessary. Just get in the taxi line at the terminal the person coordinating the line will assist you, The reason that folding scooters were designed was to be able to fit into the trunk of a standard vehicle,

Thank you for your response. This is my first time traveling with my scooter. I have always rented one to be on the ship when I get on. Also, thank you to the many posts that have reassured me that I really can fly with one. (on an airplane of course) my scooter is wonderful, but it does not levitate.:D

Thank you for your response. This is my first time traveling with my scooter. I have always rented one to be on the ship when I get on. Also, thank you to the many posts that have reassured me that I really can fly with one. (on an airplane of course) my scooter is wonderful, but it does not levitate.:D

Don't worry... it looks like "flying cars" might not be that far off in the future! ;)

GC

I sailed out of Vancouver on a Hal cruise and pre-booked a ship's transfer. When I checked in with Hal's rep at the airport, they gave me an accessible taxi. It was a bit of a ride from the airport to the cruise terminal. That was some years ago (Sept. 2009).

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty