Ocean medallion comments?

RotaryMike

I was on the Regal in January in an Ocean Medallion room. When I approached my cabin, the door sensor recognized me and " granted access" to my cabin. That was the extent of *****! Technicians were located in one of the cabins on our deck working on the system. They seemed to be there every day.

On the Regal in Jan in an ***** cabin. SOMETIMES it unlocked the door. It seemed to read the ***** medallion when only one of us neared the door but when both of us neared the door it seemed to take forever. The old ' insert the cruise card ' was much faster. ONE time it worked at a bar (picture and info popped up on the bartenders screen, but he still had to manually enter the info onto the computer so using a cruise card would be faster) Did not try it in any shop.

I suspect there is on-going (and sometimes not so friendly) dialogue between the software developer, the hardware manufacturer, the on-board technicians and their customer (Princess) regarding deliverable metrics vs customer expectations. I'm also quite sure what was sold and what is actually delivered is a bit different, with conversations centered around, "Oh, you want that? That's going to cost a bit more to deliver (and take much longer)" Also, the parent company's decision to develop the ***** technology had but one real goal = ROIC as their end game. Leveraging technology to personalize customer experience so they spend more money while on board is what it is all about.

I suspect there is on-going (and sometimes not so friendly) dialogue between the software developer, the hardware manufacturer, the on-board technicians and their customer (Princess) regarding deliverable metrics vs customer expectations. I'm also quite sure what was sold and what is actually delivered is a bit different, with conversations centered around, "Oh, you want that? That's going to cost a bit more to deliver (and take much longer)" Also, the parent company's decision to develop the ***** technology had but one real goal = ROIC as their end game. Leveraging technology to personalize customer experience so they spend more money while on board is what it is all about.

That’s the bottomline...they’re spending money to generate higher profits by making it easier to spend our money.

Besides all of the conversations you describe, their marketing department has created unrealistic expectations. We have no way to know who authorized this unrealistic marketing campaign but based on the lengthy delays of implementing the less advanced Princess@Sea system, from top to bottom Princess knew the ***** promotion was unrealistic.