Great Stirrup Cay - Haven Area

Marine Mom

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone....We were just at GSC last week and stayed in the Haven. Our conceirge told us the Haven area won't be ready until next year. We saw construction but nothing near completion. The zip line tower is just concrete. We rented a small cabana and loved it! It was money WELL spent! We go back to GSC next Feb. and hope the Haven construction is done!

Hi everyone....We were just at GSC last week and stayed in the Haven. Our conceirge told us the Haven area won't be ready until next year. We saw construction but nothing near completion. The zip line tower is just concrete. We rented a small cabana and loved it! It was money WELL spent! We go back to GSC next Feb. and hope the Haven construction is done!

Oh wow, I thought it would for sure be complete by our next cruise in early November :(

Has anyone been to GSC since New Years... Haven area open yet? Would be nice to know, if not could always ask concierge when we get on the ship. Our cruise is April 2.

I was in January and the Haven area was not finished. Looked like it would be a while as from what I could tell the structures were just about complete but not much else.

We were in a small cabana last week and could see them working on the new Haven cabanas. The check-in attendant who walked us to our cabana said possibly open by our next cruise - Thanksgiving week.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NCL is worthless when responding to the question relative to completing the upgrades to GSC. I called Public Relations and the rep there told me "we aren't constructing anything new at GSC. We've completed everything we're going to build". Oh brother......

• 3 weeks later...
So does this mean that the Haven area is cancelled? I was hoping that it would be complete by Thanksgiving. Has anyone else heard any updates?

No it’s not cancelled. Just a very slow version of the walking dead. You’ve heard of the swimming pigs? It will get done; it just might take until the pigs fly!!!

So does this mean that the Haven area is cancelled? I was hoping that it would be complete by Thanksgiving. Has anyone else heard any updates?

I was on the rerouted Sept 9th cruise that stopped at GSC. Based on how little progress they have made since we were last there a year ago, I'd measure the completion date in years not months!

Everything still looks like just basic concrete shells, almost nothing else started and nothing anywhere near finished.

Wow, that is not good news but I appreciate the updates. At least I know how to plan for the day. Thanks for the information! I know they had a set back with the hurricanes but I must say I am surprised at how far behind they are at this point.

In seeing the planned improvements for RCI’s private island with the over water bungalows with water slides from each bungalow and the in-water hammocks to be completed at the end of 2019. I may switch lines just for the Florida/Bahama run trips. Also since RCI is building/has built (not sure how far into they are) a dock at least I know I would make it to the island instead of doing another sea day/overnighter in Nassau.

I just wish NCL (and other companies) would be honest about things. At a minimum, it is not right on course and if they made changes to the plan just tell everyone so people can plan and not feel misled. It really would benefit them to have passengers informed and not disappointed when they arrive at ports.

• 2 months later...

It is disappointing since we booked far back for the upcoming cruise based on it being beyond the construction conclusion date. Oh well, it will be a fabulous day regardless, but when you are already putting put a hunk of cash, it would be nice to get a (promised) break from shelling out even more. 

Happy Sailing!

Lynn

Does anyone know of a new expected date?  I keep changing my mind on whether to upgrade my next trip to the Haven.  It is a solo trip, and those I typically don’t book the Haven for.  But anytime I go with family, it has to be in the Haven, so it does have me spoiled.  If the GSC Haven area was going to be complete, it would sway me to upgrade even though I am going solo.

Since I will be going next month, and going to go with the unfortunate expectation that it is not done-can you still go to the lagoon area or is it closed of completely??

Last time I went we took the golf cart ride to there and it was so quiet. I'm just confused on what the current construction is cutting off from use.😕

On 12/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, BirdTravels said:

Not sure that paying a super premium price for a Havan cabana on a beach just about as far away from everything else as possible is really something to sway a decision. 

Once complete, won’t the area be open for Haven guests without an additional charge?  That could sway me to pay to upgrade to a Haven cabin for the cruise.  Maybe I misunderstand what the area will be.  Regardless, I always book a regular cabana anyway for GSC. I have a small one booked for my next cruise even though I am going solo.  It just makes for a extra relaxing day, assuming we make the stop at GSC.  Having an exclusive area for Haven guests though would entice me to cancel the cabana and upgrade the entire trip to the Haven.