On the Eclipse

KCalla

just left Miami on January 21st. What a wonderful ship and crew. Our Cruise Connections meet and great was yesterday morning (the first sea day). Great turnout. Huge thanks to the Cruise Critic member who organized it. I did not get to thank you in person. The Eclipse Master of the Vessel and many of the Senior Staff attended and we were all warmly greeted and made to feel very welcome on board. It was a lovely event, greatly enhanced by the Captain and Senior Staff engaged presence. The Eclipse provided beautiful pastries and coffee and tea. We have attended quite a few Cruise Connections events. This was, by far, the best.

We will be on the Eclipse Southern Caribbean in March, so appreciate your information re the CC event. While I was unable to register via the website, Celebrity OneTouch emailed that we would not miss out. If no invitation in our cabin, then I will hopefully get details from Guest Relations. One of our roll call members has organised to exchange gifts from our hometown...so far my husband and I are the only Aussies registered, so our gift will certainly be distinctive! I hope your cruise continues to delight in every way.

We will be on the Eclipse Southern Caribbean in March, so appreciate your information re the CC event. While I was unable to register via the website, Celebrity OneTouch emailed that we would not miss out. If no invitation in our cabin, then I will hopefully get details from Guest Relations.

Fyi. When we were on our Solstice cruise earlier this month, the time and location for the CC party was posted on the Community Board located at Guest Relations.

d9cd1d2e56122e3b75027fb5bb48725f.jpg

So if you don't receive the invitation xyz reasons, the access to the party will be denied?

In theory yes, in actual practice no. At least from what I've seen.

I think the "By Invitation Only" is meant to discourage the casual passenger from simply wandering in and showing up

It was held in Cellar Masters on the first day at sea. While we had registered, we did not have an invitation in our room on boarding. Not a problem. Knowing that the event is often held on the first day at sea, we went down to check with guest relations and got the information. The guest relations representative checked, added our name to the list, and gave us the info. There would have been no problem attending had we not gotten "on the list", but we needed the time and place. I did not think to check the community postings board (which is just to the left of Guest Relations).

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on Eclipse ( St Thomas today) - having a great time. On this sailing, the Meet and Mingle was held on Monday at Cellar Masters 10:15 am. I would not assume it's the same for every sailing. As TommyD3 mentioned, I'd check with Guest Relations on Day 1 of the sailing.

No invite for us either, but as the registration process is all messed up, I wasn't expecting an invite. Hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on Eclipse ( St Thomas today) - having a great time. On this sailing, the Meet and Mingle was held on Monday at Cellar Masters 10:15 am. I would not assume it's the same for every sailing. As TommyD3 mentioned, I'd check with Guest Relations on Day 1 of the sailing.

No invite for us either, but as the registration process is all messed up, I wasn't expecting an invite. Hope this helps !

Hi Andy

Miss you on here!!!!

Any chance you'll be staying on for the next cruise - I'd love to meet you after all these years.

Hi Everyone,

Were you originally scheduled for St. Thomas?

Hi Everyone,

Hi Andy

You are missed on Celeb threads...Hope you have a great cruise!

Are you going to try EDGE?

Thanks for posting from the Eclipse.

I'm going to be on the Eclipse for the upcoming April transatlantic and am wondering who the captain and Captain's Club host will be.

Also, and more importantly, am concerned about the rumors that the hot glass show will soon be discontinued. :( Did they mention anything about this? I was really looking forward to enjoying this activity on sea days and will be very disappointed as this was one reason I chose Eclipse over Silhouette.

Thanks!