Vista Havana Cabana question

kona_wahine

We had 3 in a row with friends last year. There was nearly no foot traffic past our cabanas. We would sit out there together in the mornings with coffee.

The pool area was wonderful. We could always get a lounger or a spot in a hot tub or pool. We met some fun people and that made it feel like more of a private party when we were back there.

Doing it again on the Horizon but trying a Havana Vista balcony wrap this time.

Most do not look up to see if others are looking at them.

This is what I was thinking. But honestly hey probably were. I had a balcony where I could look down on the walk way and I was always watching people do weird stuff. They had no idea I was standing there because they just simply never think about looking up. Pretty funny actually

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Realistically.....How often will you be on your balcony?? We spent so much time in the Havana area my wife and I said we should get a Havana inside next time and save some money!!

FYI....The Havana deck 5 balcony/porch cabins.... the Balcony portion is covered....only the porch (added on space) is open. The swing is under the covered portion

I like the idea of being able to walk steps to the pool area. We have the Cabana closest to the pool. Maybe we could have saved a few $ on inside but I like being able to see outside. I think I'm going to enjoy the room.

We had the room closest to the pool #5239... It was awesome and saved a ton of steps being able to access room through slider door off porch instead of having to walk thru the bar and back down the hallway. You will love this area!! I was just saying the wife and I would walk over to the pool area more than stay on our balcony to enjoy the atmosphere and have our drinks. Plus the chairs on the cabana/porch are useless...only the swing is of any use. Whoever planned the outside seating on the porch's should be thrown overboard!!

Ah, the swing chair. Whatever you do, don't let the kid in you come out and twist it up like we did on the school playground. Ours unthreaded from the ceiling and came down with hubby in it and the bar at the top cutting the top of his head open. Our Vista memories begin spending sail away in the infirmary getting stitches,lmao. :')

I agree the other chairs are useless. They are so low that I had a hard time getting up from them so didn't really sit on them very much.

Ah, the swing chair. Whatever you do, don't let the kid in you come out and twist it up like we did on the school playground. Ours unthreaded from the ceiling and came down with hubby in it and the bar at the top cutting the top of his head open. Our Vista memories begin spending sail away in the infirmary getting stitches,lmao. :')

I agree the other chairs are useless. They are so low that I had a hard time getting up from them so didn't really sit on them very much.

Wow....had to chuckle at that (don't be offended)... Sounds like he survived and you enjoyed your cruise!! It is pretty sad you pay so much for the Havana cabins and the chairs on regular balconys are better...LOL

Wow....had to chuckle at that (don't be offended)... Sounds like he survived and you enjoyed your cruise!! It is pretty sad you pay so much for the Havana cabins and the chairs on regular balconys are better...LOL

We chuckle too! Security walked back to our cabin with us after we were done at the infirmary and stopped to get a picture with the pirate in the atrium. One of my favorite photos and turns out to be a good story.

We are in the Havana again next year but in a Vista wrap on deck 6. Better chairs and no swing! ;p

Realistically.....How often will you be on your balcony?? We spent so much time in the Havana area my wife and I said we should get a Havana inside next time and save some money!!

FYI....The Havana deck 5 balcony/porch cabins.... the Balcony portion is covered....only the porch (added on space) is open. The swing is under the covered portion

I agree completely. Plus with the $1000.00 we are savings we can get cabanas in GT and Amber Cove and still have plenty left over for drinks.

I like the idea of being able to walk steps to the pool area. We have the Cabana closest to the pool. Maybe we could have saved a few $ on inside but I like being able to see outside. I think I'm going to enjoy the room.

It is the best, we had the last one and walked around each morning for coffee....so easy loved loved loved it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had the room closest to the pool #5239... It was awesome and saved a ton of steps being able to access room through slider door off porch instead of having to walk thru the bar and back down the hallway. You will love this area!! I was just saying the wife and I would walk over to the pool area more than stay on our balcony to enjoy the atmosphere and have our drinks. Plus the chairs on the cabana/porch are useless...only the swing is of any use. Whoever planned the outside seating on the porch's should be thrown overboard!!

5239 is the room we booked. This is exactly what I was thinking. :D

• 2 months later...

Are you able to "lock" the balcony door and access from the outside?

Are you able to "lock" the balcony door and access from the outside?

Yes....You are able to open from the outside by scanning your extra card on reader. The door is set up to lock each time you close it. On the inside you need to press a button, next to door on wall, each time you want to open from the inside