Okay so I'm a dude whose never been to the spa, but now I have a spa pass. Help.

I have a spa balcony. Do I kneed to be prepared for hand to hand combat to secure a heated tile lounger?

Do people pee in the spa pool/hot tub as much as the ones up on deck?

What are all the things I can use without having to spend any $? I got the spa balcony on a GTY deal and have no interest in treatments or anything....would never book a spa balcony on its own, and after 6 cruises on the BA have never even set foot in the spa.

I have a spa balcony. Do I kneed to be prepared for hand to hand combat to secure a heated tile lounger?

What are all the things I can use without having to spend any $? I got the spa balcony on a GTY deal and have no interest in treatments or anything....would never book a spa balcony on its own, and after 6 cruises on the BA have never even set foot in the spa.

Loiter with intent to possess...

Probably but you can console yourself with the fact that on balance it's most likely adult female pee.

Ya know... a massage early in a cruise... kinda sets you up very nicely to decompress. Trust me.

Enjoy the steam rooms, bring a book and chill on the padded loungers, don't worry about spa treatments. I cruised on EPIC while on med leave from work because of a foot injury. I basically sat up in the spa for HOURS and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere.

I'm sure the steam rooms are fun solo, but sitting in a small hot room with a bunch of naked strangers isn't my cup of tea.

No naked lounging in the spa either in or out of the steam room. The heated lounge chairs are nice, but the padded ones are nice too.

My hubby, son and son in law love the spa area more so than us women do.

I can't speak towards the pee, but I certainly hope not!

You don't need to pay any money to use the thermal spa area. Any additional services are a charge. There is a large pool, with lounge chairs in the pool with jets, a jet pool, a waterfall, hot tub, steam room, sauna, salt room, scented showers. I'm probably forgetting something, but it is relaxing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Just because you have a spa pass doesn't mean you have to use it. On our Baltic cruise when it was cold and windy or raining I thought the spa was a great place to hang out especially at sail away with all those floor length forward facing windows. On a warm weather Caribbean cruise I probably wouldn't use it nearly as much.

Visit the spa. Wander around, think about how pretty it is, then leave. Go to an upper deck near a bar, enjoy the sunshine and beverage service, neither of which you will find in the spa.

I'm pretty much with you on this....but that first day out/last day back can be pretty cold.

What's the "dress code?" Do I just show up in my bathing suit and grab a robe?

I'm pretty much with you on this....but that first day out/last day back can be pretty cold.

Yes the robe will be in your cabin. They also have a lovely locker room with free lockers if you prefer to change there. And no one stopped me with a glass of wine, just gave me a plastic cup to avoid breakage.

Yes the robe will be in your cabin. They also have a lovely locker room with free lockers if you prefer to change there. And no one stopped me with a glass of wine, just gave me a plastic cup to avoid breakage.

The locker rooms are stocked with robes as well. After getting the spa pass, we will never ge5 into the pool or hot tub on deck ever again.

Used it for about 3 cruises now, we enjoy it. Nice to get away from he crowds ( it can get busy first/last day but even busy, that is no wheres near what it is like on the pool deck), never had a problem finding a chair.

Yes a bunch of truth here... the Spa is very much an oasis of calm... if you want to relax, snooze, read a book, far from the madding crowd it is unbeatable. No need to pay for treatments, just use the facility for what it is. The worst than can happen is you might accidentally drink some cucumber water.

Be brave Jedi, the Force will protect you.

Just a towel. Everyone will be naked underneath their towels. That's all you need.

DUDE! You don't know how lucky you are! OH EMM GEE! My husband and I got a spa-mini-suite assigned on a mini-suite guarantee. I then priced what it would have cost us if we had booked it. Literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars more!

BUT we didn't even use it for the first 3 days of our cruise - meh - didn't want to walk the 5 doors down to it. But eventually we did.

The thermal pools with the cascading water and swirling hot/warm waters are spectacular. You will love it! I'm sure - my dude husband aged 81 did (ok maybe that isn't a selling point)....

It was easy for us to get the heated loungers - the sauna was excellent - although we only lasted about 2 minutes in there....

It's my understanding if you pee in the water it turns bright red and sets off alarms and show your face up on that big screen on deck - so don't do it.

Seriously we booked spa passes for a15 day transatlantic upcoming cruise for $299 each so you betcha we found it worth it.

Would like to hear what you think after you partake! DUDE!

There are great locker rooms with showers by the spa. When we had spa passes, I would actually head there to shower and get ready before dinner and they were larger and nicer that what we had in our cabin (a spa balcony might have a nicer shower than what we had, though). That said, if you are sharing your cabin, it is nice to have another place to go to get ready so that you aren’t tripping over others in your own cabin.

Ok. First. Are you traveling solo or hopefully you have a wife or girlfriend that you can "treat" because it is nice.

I don't book the spa for myself except once, but the wife enjoys the spa.

I'll say this, the boat will have 4000 passengers on board. Unknown numbers will be kids. You know how many kids are allowed in the spa?? ZERO!! Think peace n quite. No kids running around screaming. Just adults to visit with if you like or total quiet. The jets on the air lounge (what I called it). Made more noise than the people.

The one I used had separate men's area with sauna, plunge pool, hot tub, rain shower, regular shower, lounge chairs, then a coed area with the air lounge/oversized hot tube, and tile lounge chairs.

My only complaint was I'm 6'5" but short legged with a 31" inseam. I didn't fit the tile lounge things well but still was relaxing. The sauna was a great get away. But the best part was to get away from all the noise and well yes away from the kids.

As for combat to get a tile spot- depends on time of day and if a sea day or port day.

Pee in the poll- see comment about NO KIDS.

You don't have to spend anything extra but I would recommend first time to try a massage if you've never started a cruise that way. Oh so worth it!!

I'm sure the steam rooms are fun solo, but sitting in a small hot room with a bunch of naked strangers isn't my cup of tea.

Keep your shorts on. The spa is coed and displaying your privates will get you kicked out. Enjoy your spa, keep you warm until you get to warmer waters.

First time I ever tried the thermal spa was on the Epic. Didn't know what to expect, but now I'm hooked. Now the first thing I do after my final payment for a cruise is to book the Mandara Spa as soon as it comes available.

Tried the Pearl and Escape thermal spas and so far Escape Mandara Spa is my favorite.

Eventually, will hopefully book a spa mini-suite so it's included in the price.

Planning an Escape cruise this summer and booked a mini-suite with large balcony on Deck 8. I wanted to experience a larger balcony this cruise plus wanted to be close to the specialty dining area. Next cruise, however, will definitely be a spa mini-suite.

Keep us posted after your cruise and let us know how you liked it.

First time I ever tried the thermal spa was on the Epic. Didn't know what to expect, but now I'm hooked. Now the first thing I do after my final payment for a cruise is to book the Mandara Spa as soon as it comes available.

Tried the Pearl and Escape thermal spas and so far Escape Mandara Spa is my favorite.

Eventually, will hopefully book a spa mini-suite so it's included in the price.

Planning an Escape cruise this summer and booked a mini-suite with large balcony on Deck 8. I wanted to experience a larger balcony this cruise plus wanted to be close to the specialty dining area. Next cruise, however, will definitely be a spa mini-suite.

Keep us posted after your cruise and let us know how you liked it.

Curious. What do you feel is different on the Escape than the Pearl. I like the smaller ships of the Jewel class plus I'm not personally interested in water slides etc so enjoy the more laid back lifestyle of the smaller ships.

Is the Spa just bigger to account for more passengers or do they offer other things the smaller don't.

"It's my understanding if you pee in the water it turns bright red and sets off alarms and show your face up on that big screen on deck - so don't do it."

haha that's greate

Lol! I used to tell my nephews that when they were younger! I told them if they peed in my pool, I’d know it because the water would turn pink. Lol. I don’t think they ever did it. ;p