Laundry special on 21 day cruise

CL1978

My wife and I will be sailing on the Pearl out of NOLA on April 8 2018. Our question is does NCL offer the laundry special more than once on this length cruise?

On all prior 7 day cruises the laundry special is offered about mid cruise. Our 13 day TA cruise on the Epic last April only had the special one time. This was very disappointing due to the fact we had sailed on the Dawn for 2 weeks and had the laundry special twice!

Does NCL have an official policy or is it random?

Thanks

Edited by CL1978
spelling

I guess 13 day cruises are just an unlucky number! I do know NCL will not increase the onboard credit for stock holders form $100 to $250 until the cruise is 14 days or more. Other lines jump to $250 after a 10 day cruise.

I guess 13 day cruises are just an unlucky number! I do know NCL will not increase the onboard credit for stock holders form $100 to $250 until the cruise is 14 days or more. Other lines jump to $250 after a 10 day cruise.

It is actually 15+ days to receive a $250 shareholder credit. I believe it changed some time around February 2016. I happened to get the paperwork in for my 14 day cruise just prior to that change, so I got my $250.

They’ll probably offer it once a week. This said, if planning on packing light I’ve found that we do better bringing about 1/2 the underwear and socks necessary and send them off in bag special. For pants and shirts the turnaround time on the bag special means you are without those items 2-3 days. It’s not that much to send out a pair of pants or shirt and get them back same day or following day. Really helps cut down on what you need to bring. Other option is to bring stuff you can throw away. this gives room for souvenirs. Last year we were in Europe for three weeks with carry on luggage only. I messed up with bag special and left husband with only shorts one cold day and that is about the time I switched to same day return on his pants. I think there’s pretty decent latitudes discount on single items.