Current Cruise Directors

penny49

We have three cruises booked and wondered if there is a current list of Cruise Directors. We are sailing on the new MS Nieuw Statendam in December and wonder who it will be.....anyone know??

Nieuw Statendam's first CD has not been announced yet. Stay tuned!

If you are lucky, it will be John Clelford. He did say that he his going home (England) "until December". We've had him twice and he is definitely our favorite CD. He is always around but never intrusive. He is also very approachable and just a real nice guy.

John, are JT Watters and Dave Shea still with HAL. They both were great CD’s

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Cat;

Cruise director is probably one of the positions with the greatest amount of turnover, and not just on HAL. There are still some "old school" CD's left on HAL such as Linda Minniken and Bruce Alan Scudder but there are also many new faces

Dave Shea has been project manager of the partnership between BBC Experiences and Holland America Line, known as the BBC Earth project on HAL, for two plus years

J.T. Watters, Oosterdam's long-time CD, is now Fleet Manager Entertainment Dept.

Both these gentlemen frequently visit all fourteen ships however, no longer for the duration of their former CD contracts

Not a cruise director but does anyone know what ship Presty is on - I believe he has been promoted to Dining Room Manager and for many years was an Assistant DRM on the Amsterdam.

I'd appreciate knowing that as well. Presty is one of the best ADRM that I have experienced. If he has received a promotion, that is good news for the guests who will be in his Dining Room. I have known one other gentleman (whose name of course escapes me at this time) who received such a promotion and again met him in his new role during a cruise. Just simply outstanding dining room service was what we had!

Another long serving Dining Room staff member whom I first met as a Table Captain and then progressed to ADRM is a gentleman whose name is Agus. (I wish I knew his last name because there are so many Indonesian men of that name.) As far as I know, he never was promoted to DRM and I never could understand why. (Maybe he didn't want the responsibility?) His service and friendliness epitomized the former slogan of "Signature of Excellence:.

Not a cruise director but does anyone know what ship Presty is on - I believe he has been promoted to Dining Room Manager and for many years was an Assistant DRM on the Amsterdam.

Awesome Mr. Presty, for nine more days, is currently Asst. Maitre 'd on Zaandam. And yes, HAL is back to using the title Maitre 'd and Asst. Maitre 'd (from dining room manager and asst. dining room manager)

• Like 2

We love HAL, but I’ve noticed that their cruise directors aren’t as lively, fun or engaging as we’ve encountered on other lines. They introduce the shows, and do the announcements over the PA system, but I don’t really feel their presence out and about onboard. Maybe it’s a difference in philosophy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Cat;

Cruise director is probably one of the positions with the greatest amount of turnover, and not just on HAL. There are still some "old school" CD's left on HAL such as Linda Minniken and Bruce Alan Scudder but there are also many new faces

Dave Shea has been project manager of the partnership between BBC Experiences and Holland America Line, known as the BBC Earth project on HAL, for two plus years

J.T. Watters, Oosterdam's long-time CD, is now Fleet Manager Entertainment Dept.

Both these gentlemen frequently visit all fourteen ships however, no longer for the duration of their former CD contracts

Thanks , John. Both promotions are well deserved.

75 days to go till NS[emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome Mr. Presty, for nine more days, is currently Asst. Maitre 'd on Zaandam. And yes, HAL is back to using the title Maitre 'd and Asst. Maitre 'd (from dining room manager and asst. dining room manager)

What is the point of changing the names of these positions?

Will the "more than one" ADRMs now be called Assistant Maitre d's? Or, will there be only one person in that capacity?

Bruce Allan Scudder still a CD? He was a contributor to my disappointment in parts of my Grand World Voyage of 2008.

Susan Woods: now out of the business, but she was classy, guest friendly, and I was one who liked her "toot-a-loo" endings of the shows.

I have my "thick skin" prepared for what I am sure will be comments by those who will disagree with my above comments.

What is the point of changing the names of these positions?

Will the "more than one" ADRMs now be called Assistant Maitre d's? Or, will there be only one person in that capacity?

#1 - Don't know

#2 - That's the way it used to be before the change to DRM and (multiple) ADRMs. In other words, they're going back to the former terminology as they did with the environmental officer position

Ross, who was the CD on our Eurodam cruise, told us that he was leaving for a vacation then would be joining the Nieuw Statendam. I guess I don't know, but I assumed he meant as the CD.

He was kind of low key, but very personable. I really enjoyed his trivia sessions.

Ross, who was the CD on our Eurodam cruise, told us that he was leaving for a vacation then would be joining the Nieuw Statendam. I guess I don't know, but I assumed he meant as the CD.

He was kind of low key, but very personable. I really enjoyed his trivia sessions.

That would be Ross McTaggart. He is not listed yet but always possible