Caribbean-If you could not take HAL.

pugmadkate

Due to time constraints, I cannot take a seven day Caribbean cruise in Spring 2019 but rather am looking to take a four or five day cruise.

For those of you who have tried other cruise lines, which one would you recommend for a Caribbean cruise? I absolutely love HAL, so the closer it is to HAL, the better!

Thanks!

I think that's a tough one. My look at Princess did not show any cruises under 7 days so that doesn't sound like a choice. My guess (and it will definitely NOT be the same but may be as close as you can get would be Royal Caribbean's older, smaller ships, roughly the same size as the Vistas.

Enchantment OTS

Vision OTS

Radiance OTS

Jewel OTS

Majesty OTS, or perhaps

Emptess OTS (last resort)

There is a 4-day Nieuw Statendam sailing (12/19, probably a bit too early for you); if you could do that you would probably like it better than anything else.

Roy

Due to time constraints, I cannot take a seven day Caribbean cruise in Spring 2019 but rather am looking to take a four or five day cruise.

For those of you who have tried other cruise lines, which one would you recommend for a Caribbean cruise? I absolutely love HAL, so the closer it is to HAL, the better!

Thanks!

Princess Cruise Line

I would have recommended Princess, but unfortunately Princess's experiment with Caribbean cruises less than a week did not work out. So you will not find anything less than 7 days. Most of the other options involve Carnival, NCL or RCI. I have never cruised RCI, but I don't think any of the three will be similar to HAL. Check out Celebrity. They have a couple of 5 day cruises next spring. This will be closer to the HAL experience.

We did a 4 and a 5 night Celebrity cruise. Loved them both!

Just a caution about the shorter cruises in the Spring. They usually have the partiers onboard. And lot's of kids on both the shorter and the 7 night cruises during Spring Break. :eek:

The 5 night was in March with my teacher daughters. They were on Spring Break, but the crowd in early March was subdued. I'd stay away from the week around Easter.

I've only taken 7-day cruises so I can't make any specific recommendations for shorter cruises.

I have been on several Celebrity Caribbean cruises and they were enjoyable; the Solstice class ships were comparable to Nieuw Amsterdam.

We did a 4 and a 5 night Celebrity cruise. Loved them both!

Just a caution about the shorter cruises in the Spring. They usually have the partiers onboard. And lot's of kids on both the shorter and the 7 night cruises during Spring Break. :eek:

The 5 night was in March with my teacher daughters. They were on Spring Break, but the crowd in early March was subdued. I'd stay away from the week around Easter.

I agree with Iamthesea about the shorter cruises. We did short Caribbean cruises on NCL and RCI and disliked both due to the noisy, partying, "booze cruise" environment. (Our 7-day NCL Caribbean cruise was great.) I haven't tried Celebrity yet so maybe their short cruises are different, but based on those 2 cruises I've now sworn off anything that's less than 7 days.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Forums mobile app

We did a four day on the NCL Sun a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don’t recall it being too much of a party scene at the end of April. We had a forward suite with a full size balcony hot tub so that helped make the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found these by clicking on Find a Cruise, at the top of the page here on CC.

I put in Short Caribbean Cruises for March.

Celebrity - does seem to have some shorter itineraries... No private island/beach.

Disney Dream - Disney is really great! But, if you are hoping to avoid so many kids, might not work. Also $$$$

Azmara - Key West and Havana, on the Azmara Journey.

Another interesting one on Celebrity, but from San Juan - on the Summit, - St, Kitts, St. Croix, Antigua.

Happy Planning!

I found these by clicking on Find a Cruise, at the top of the page here on CC.

I put in Short Caribbean Cruises for March.

Celebrity - does seem to have some shorter itineraries... No private island/beach.

Disney Dream - Disney is really great! But, if you are hoping to avoid so many kids, might not work. Also $$$$

Azmara - Key West and Havana, on the Azmara Journey.

Another interesting one on Celebrity, but from San Juan - on the Summit, - St, Kitts, St. Croix, Antigua.

Happy Planning!

The Summit is a beautiful smaller Celebrity ship. It's one of my favourites, and I loved the Southern Caribbean itinerary,.