Can you take your own soda on RCCL?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Harrisburg PA
160 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Hi everyone!
Does Royal Caribbean allow you to bring soda cans or cases on board?
We sailed Explorer before and I didn't even try. This past Sept. we sailed Norwegian and people were bringing their own soda, bottled water, etc on board by the case. I didn't realize this was allowed. TIA, Miss Kittykat
Maryland
2,607 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Yes you can. Many do it - it's not on the list of prohibited items.

You can take fridge packs or cases and put a luggage tag on and give to porter or put it all in a duffel bag and put a luggage tag on it and give to porters.

Originally posted by misskittykat
Hi everyone!
We sailed Explorer before and I didn't even try. This past Sept. we sailed Norwegian and people were bringing their own soda, bottled water, etc on board by the case. I didn't realize this was allowed. TIA, Miss Kittykat
PA
633 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
Originally posted by misskittykat
Hi everyone!
We took bottled water and cans of soda on our Liberty cruise October 11 with no issues. We asked the room steward to remove everything from the fridge and we put our stuff in, even though the fridge doesn't really keep things that cold. Happy sailing!
Des Moines, IA
897 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We had no problems taking soda, water and juice on. In fact, we had an entire case packed (the small travel kind). It was great because we had an extra bag to put all of the junk we acquired on the trip and didn't have to worry about stuffing it in another already stuffed bag. I've read the rules and these things are not on the prohibited list so take them on and Enjoy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Yaz Gunesi - Antalya: August 2005- Turkish Mediterranean
Explorer of the Seas: September 2007- Canada/New England My CC Review
Up North and Down South, UK
17,031 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by djandnic
We took bottled water and cans of soda on our Liberty cruise October 11 with no issues. We asked the room steward to remove everything from the fridge and we put our stuff in, even though the fridge doesn't really keep things that cold. Happy sailing!
Ditto the above on Independence though we found the fridge / cooler pretty good at keeping them cool.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda

September 2nd 2017 : 'Rock the Boat' Cruise : CMV Magellan : Roll Call here : Blog here

Bit of a blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017 here

Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016 here

Blogs in profile from Rhapsody (includes India), Legend (Baltics), Oasis (Mediterranean), Freedom (Caribbean) and others.
Enon, OH & Fountain Hills, AZ
1,179 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
I don't have anything to say about this post but I do Love the Steelers. Thanks for the logo. GO STEELERS
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Grandeur of the Seas 06/17
Freedom of the Seas 03/14
Freedom of the Seas 02/14
Navigator of the Seas 02/13
Serenade of the Seas 02/12
Serenade of the Seas 01/12
Serenade of the Seas 02/27/10
Serenade of the Seas 02/20/10
Explorer of the Seas 02/09
Enchantment of the Seas 07/08